Would like a writing partner for an already semi planned story :)

Heyyy, I have never really had anyone help me with my stories and I find myself starting so many stories but never finished any of them. I always become stumped when it comes to actually writing scenes. I would like somesome to help with general flow of conversations in the story without it being cliche or cringe and giving a second opinion on everything. Also need help with plot and subplots.

Story is below for those interested :slight_smile:
It’s a romancey, comedy type thing with vampires - I know it sounds cliche but bear with me.
Theres the male MC (Angel) and female MC (Ashton), they obviously end up together Angel is a vampire but isn’t mega old (thinking 18-25). I have attempted to start the story off with a funeral from a vampire being mutilated and how everyone is worried then I cut to a scene with Ashton and her mum and sister buying clothes for a party. At the party, Ashton is taken by vampires as she is special (don’t know why yet lol hoping for help with that one).
The overal jist of Ashton is that she is sarcastic, realistic and doesn’t get along with mum and sister (also cliche ik). With Angel he is seen as a child by his family and tries to be tough sometimes however he is not, he also is snarky and blah blah blah. He also has a vampire childhood friend that likes him a little too much (as he had to be with her a lot when young) which can hopefully be used as drama idk.
Again, I’m new to the whole co writing thing so if you can, please let me know how this process is suppose to go. Also nothing is permanent and can change but just wanted a starting point. I can also do basic editing which will hopefully make the story better I guess.

2 Likes

I bared with you and it still came out cliche lol

But the part about her being special is a big part of the story, its the reason everything in your story happens to this exact person.

Since you mentioned vampires and comedy I got an idea that might sound good to you. One of my favorite movies ever is What we do shadows. Its a comedy movie, mockumentary about vampires living in modern New Zealand and adapting to living like this. So if you make a vampire as funny as that it might just save you from being just like any cliche story.
Also all those things where you said “I know it spunds clihe” in this post … Why not instead subverting those expectations. Instead of Ashton being sassy like every MC on this platfor that isn’t shy (which is like half of the chars) why not make her dislike the parents for a reason. She tried to get close before but couldn’t and she felt as if they always kept something from her. And maybe that secret is why she is the special one (And making basic MCs special to LIs for no reason or making her the special one is a huge cliche so you might rething him kidnappink her because shes special)

Yeh thats the main reason im asking for a writing partner as I just dunno. As I said before Ashton has a sister and I was going to have it so that they have didferent dads and ashtons dad genetically gives her something that makes her special (still dunno what) and thats why her mum likes her sister more than her and therefore giving ashton reason to not like her. I was then going to link this to what is murdering vampires so a vampire family kindnaps her to investigate her or smth. They give the male MC Angel the task of getting her as he wants to prove himself ( as he is seen as a child).
Let me know what you think, i appreciate the honest advice.

1 Like

How about this … Insted of giving her something that would make her mother so jealous she would hate her he gives her something super ordinary meanwhile her sister gets something like a trust fund or something normal. Bit instead, on his deathbed he gives her a pen. And he contonues talking about how important this pen is and everything and how she should keep it safe from prying eyes and hidden so that something so precious won’t be taken or stolen by the wrong kind… And shes just like “Dad this is a pen are you crazy?” And even though she thinks him being so close to death made him speak crazy babble and things like that, she didn’t think twice about actually lustening to hee dad, but she kept it as a good luck charm. And years later shes kidnapped by the only vampire that couldve gotten close to her exyctly when she didnt have her vampire repelent pen on her when she went shopping with her mom and sister who just dislike her because she has a different mom who obvi they dont like

Ngl im a bit confused but i was thinking if it was a pen how would they know she doesnt have it and then they have no reason to take her i was thinking that the special thing is that she can be used for something but idk what yet. I was thinking she has atypical chromosomes and is from family of vamoire hunters on dads side. Vampires want her maybe as they can turn her into smth that will kill the thing mutilating vampires as she has atypical chromosomes which can me manipulated. Yh i do biology and psychology so maybe im going too deep. Let me know what u think, i could also send u one or two scenes and u could tell me what u think or if its too bleh.

They would know by following her and realizing they’re no longer repelled coming too near her withouth becoming weak or something like that (depends on what you want the pen to do)
And they just want her so they can get ahead and find out where she got the pen and who produced it because simmilar vampire repelling items are used around the glove by vampire hunters to either protect themselves or weaken the vampires to kill them. The vampires are being mauled by the hunters and need to investigate who found this secret ingredient that the Vampire Hunters. They only know she has it because when she brought her lucky charm pen with her to an important exam she needed a good grade for, she passed by a vampire on her way to school and he felt weaker as she passed. He found her to confirm if he still felt weaker and when he did, he told the other vampires he’s got a lead on the vampire repellent.

Sure you can send a few scenes, I’ll tell you if I think it’s too bleh, but I genereally don’t like vampires unless it’s Dracula or WWDINTS the original movie (haven’t seen the series as I’m afraid it’ll be different and I won’t like it)

Okay cool, still got some coding to do as it’s not long enough to say anythign abt. I was thinking of includinf the idea abt a pen but I’m going to make it so that she never used it. Once gotten, she is going to have a flashback to the pen h9idden under bed somewhere, then she feels silly ig idk. Also the pen will be an heirloom all vampire hunters have passed down :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @idontknow1 tips on your story to helps guide you throughout your journey.

I love that you are doing Romance, comedy with twisted of Vampire :bat:. @idontknow1

I know that you are basing your story into Romance comedy also known as romcom or rom com for short. It a subgenre of comedy and slice of life fiction, focusing on lighthearted, humorous plot lines centered on romantic ideas, such as how true love is able to surmount most obstacles. @idontknow1

So, for part with angel is boy and female is Ashton. Readers will get confused for this part. But you could added a name choice for readers to choose their own name for character or you could have not added any name choice but only change character to different name that sounds unique. So readers understand. @idontknow1

I love that they end up together but you could have build them slowly in each chapters to build their relationship. Because both characters will need to be in a struggles that can motivate characters to fight for their love. @idontknow1

I love that angel is a vampire that isn’t mega old but you could add a year. How much old he is and how long he lives. @idontknow1

You could added the funeral from a vampire being mutilated but you could have shown characters reactions. Examples crying but something that show your readers give each character a reaction and mystery too. @idontknow1

So, part were her mother and sis buy clothes for a party. Maybe you could describe, what dress feels like, smells like something that make readers knows in the storyline. Maybe she in a shop and she find a dress that is a red with glowing. Example Ashton saw a dress, it was so beautiful, Ashton lays her eyes on it, but as Ashton feels her hands through the dress, it was soft and smell like roses that came from a garden. @idontknow1

Describe what happened, as she touches the dress. When she go to buy for the party. @idontknow1

Also you could have build down the scene as Ashton was taken in middle of midnight were the vampire came out. You could have added a powerful magic that her family been hidden from her. Long time ago, maybe her family was mix with a witch with vampire blood. Something that can show in mysterious ways. What is her magic power? Was she born with magic from birth?Was she in a spiritual rituals? What caused her to be special? @idontknow1 these are question to helps guide you.

Is she in a university or different species dimension or human world? @idontknow1

You have to think out of the box. @idontknow1

You could added a plot twist into your story and give the readers surprise. @idontknow1

You could have added angel. When they take her from midnight you could make moon move with overlays and so on. Be creative. You could have angel to have speedy power. @idontknow1

I think as you cut to scene. Build more mystery, were funeral that person is maybe floating in a air that is summon or if person Dead. Give readers some emotionally that can feels the characters pain or even surprise the readers with a plot twist but build that scene slowly. @idontknow1

When she sarcastic reality. Did she try to save her family? Think what she did to sarcastic her life? How did she feels? What was her reaction. What was her struggles? Did she have a motivate? @idontknow1

Why don’t she get along with her family? You could have a flashback were she was feels separate from her family. Maybe her family did her something that she don’t like. @idontknow1

I love that angel have a struggles but you needed to build that struggles more. Why was he snarky with his family from childhood. Did he not spends his childhood way he wanted but he sarcastic his life for something that his mom or father force him into a groups of vampires as his father put him as a leaders of a new king. @idontknow1

You could added drama but not to much. Since your using comedy and romance. @idontknow1

you should have added main character personality with more stuff to your character. @idontknow1 . Since you are puzzles about characters personality appearance.

About Character Appearance
First Name:
Last Name:
Body type/ Build:
Skin tone:
Hair (style & color):
Eyes:
Facial description:
Prominent features or distinguishing marks:
Style of dress:
Mannerisms or gestures:

Speech
Tone of voice
Loud, quiet, harsh, etc.
Language or accent:
Favorite phrases:

Behavior
Personality:
Existing twin character:
Additional traits:
Habits:
Ambition:
Pet peeves:
Greatest fear:
Weakness:
Biggest secret:
How does this character have a good relationship with other characters?

Background
Birthplace/ grew up:
Nationality/ ethnicity:
Birthdate:
Blood type:
Important past events:
Family:
Current home:
Finances:
Education:
Health:
Allergy:
Religion:
Spiritual identity:
Real job:

Interests
Hobbies
Music
Food & drinks

BackStory
Important
Details

This will helps with your story to build more appearance character. you have to put personality appearance that matters to your character and it takes a lots of steps but examples I give you will helps you. @idontknow1

Also, you could have used word document to write out everything to make it must easier for you. @idontknow1

I agree with @LeviTheLunatic

Thank you so much for the detailed help, I’ve kind started getting into the flow of writing and I feel as though it’s a bit of all genres, I’m going to think more about the behaviour section fro each character.

1 Like

You’re welcome :hugs: happy to hear your getting the hang of the flow of writing a story. Even if the story is a lots of hard works to finished. Since story for writing takes like years to finished or month be done for publishing. @idontknow1

Yes, it do feels a bit like all genre’s. yes you should think about the behavior for each character. I happy you doing that for character to helps them throughout the story. @idontknow1

Also, I did added more to characters appearance for you.

Spiritual identity:
Real job:

It’s above the list in background for character personality appearance. @idontknow1

I need help with my story that I’m working on but have trouble with the direction it’s going?