Would this be Offensive to use?

Okay, I was very cautious and very nervous to make this post because I do NOT want to offend anybody. I really am trying to educate myself more on BLM as a privileged white person. I actually applied to be the vice president for my cities student based (black owned) peaceful protest group, where we tackle LGBTQ+, mental health, blm, and more, and I got in for my high schools branch (as an upcoming 9th grader)!(I let the owner know that if any POC had applied for the position, I’d not be willing to take it, but only other white ppl had applied so I was fine accepting it.) Basically, I found this PFP ( i wanted to change my old blm one)

would using this BLM pfp as a white person be offensive? i’m definitely not asking anyone straight forward if that would be offensive, I mean…that honestly just sounds like a bitchy move, so i felt forums was probably the right place as I know most of you guys support BLM, etc. :slight_smile: and i feel it’s better to ask a group compared to one person…

4 Likes

I see NOTHING wrong with this.

2 Likes

thank you so much, love. :two_hearts: I’m really trying to be the best ally i possibly can, and i don’t want to make anyone feel uncomfortable in anyway (unless it’s an all lives matter supporter, i don’t mind making them uncomfy :sparkles:)

2 Likes

I’m still seeing a couple more BLM pfps on Instagram, and there is really nothing wrong with that. It shows that you are supporting the BLM. See? this right here, is amazing. Educating yourself about things that you don’t know, and willing to learn and share with others about it.

Your skin color doesn’t define something to be offensive or not. I think it all depends on what you say and do to someone or something that makes it offensive. My grammar is kind of terrible, so bear with me, lol.

1 Like

Hey, nothing looks wrong with it… I actually really like it your supporting the movement!
#BLM

2 Likes

This is really helpful, thank you!! :pleading_face::two_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you!! This is all rlly helpful! :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

Np :wink:

1 Like

its not offensive to use it but the context behind this often used stock photo is…as a black person i personally don’t see the issue with it because i know where you are coming from.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.