Would you be interested in an Episode edit festival?

Hello everyone! I am here to ask you all if you would be interested in an idea I had. My idea is called The Episode Edit Festival. :fallen_leaf:

Promo Poster

Please note that these dates are tentative!

Basically, participants would create one edit per week based on a prompt. However, creating an edit every week is not required. If you signed up for the festival, you would only be promising to make at least one edit (for any prompt). Both editors and artists would be able to participate in the festival.

Edits for the week are always “due” on Mondays. For week one, your edit would need to be completed by Monday, November 2nd by 11:59 US Eastern Time. I would not be checking the exact time each edit was posted, you would just need to do your best to post it by then.

Prompt List

You may be wondering how you would post the edits. There would be two options. You would be able to post your picture on Instagram and use the hashtag #episodeeditfest (you could also tag me in your edit) or respond to the festival thread with your photo. The second option is like how Episode does it for the weekly art releases. When the festival comes to a close, I would post a collage of all of the edits on my Instagram page (@maiarosewrites). The collage would also be posted in the forums thread.

You may also be wondering: “Why would I want to participate in this? There are not even any prizes!”. The answer is: I don’t know. I just thought this would be a fun way to unite the Episode community. But, if you want me to make this a competition I could.

How I could make this a competition

I could involve the non-editors in this community by having them vote on their favorite edits every week. I could also have a panel of judges that provided scores on things such as faithfulness to prompt, if the edit was posted by Monday, cleanliness, etc. There would be some sort of prize for the top three editors. I could separate the competition into artists and editors if there were enough participants.

Finally, some polls to finish things off.

Would you participate in this event?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Would you be more likely to participate in this event if it were a competition?

• Yes
  • No
  • I would not participate regardless of if this were a competition or not.

0 voters

If your were to participate, would you take part in this event as an editor, artist, or voter/judge?

• Editor
  • Artist
  • Voter/Judge

0 voters

Thank you for making it to the end of this long post!

Any questions, concerns, comments, or feedback? Let me know! :blob_turtle:

help me out

If this sparks your interest, please share this topic with your friends or fellow artists/editors. I believe the biggest issue for this event would be getting enough people interested in it.

tags of people who might be interested / are editors or artists

I’m very sorry if you did not want to be tagged!
@AmeliClemonte @Youngbl00d @Superpup @TamiRose @Tamara.Episde @Creole_KareBear @syddstories @FlowerGriefer @khushi.writes @lanafrazer_episode @joys_secrets @Frey @joys_secrets @STEFFI01 @dayaepi @QueenMilii @Theebee2004

19 Likes

This sounds like an awesome idea! I will probably join :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I’ll make sure to tag you if this ends up being a thing. :blob_sun:

2 Likes

Love the idea :smiley:

2 Likes

I like the concept of it, but I dont really participate in contests. :purple_heart:

2 Likes

I made a mistake and voted to be an artist vs an editor :woman_facepalming:t4:

But this sounds like an awesome idea :bulb:!!!

1 Like

No problem! Would you like me to remove your tag so if someone copies the list you won’t be tagged in their post?

2 Likes

Yes, please. I keep getting tagged lately. :sob::sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

this is an interesting concept; I’ve been looking for some inspiration and this sounds like fun :))

2 Likes

This is such a great idea :partying_face:

2 Likes

I love this idea, count me in!

2 Likes

This is a lovely idea!! Thanks for inviting me!! :blush::smiley: I’ll definitely enter!!

2 Likes

Absolutely love the idea!) And the prompt list gives a lot of freedom to both editors and artists :grin:

2 Likes

bump!

2 Likes

i would join, but a week wouldn’t be enough for me to finish an edit :sob:

2 Likes

That’s all right! You wouldn’t need to make an edit every week. If you sign up, you are just saying that you will make an edit for at least one of the five prompts. I wouldn’t want anyone to feel overwhelmed by something that’s meant to be fun. :blob_hearts:

4 Likes

I love the idea.
I would be an editor.
I am also an artist but currently I kinda stopped doing arts.
So I would be an editor since I have been editing for an year or more.

2 Likes

Sounds like a great idea. I’d probably join!

2 Likes

I’m down 110%

2 Likes

Bump!) :heartpulse:

2 Likes