Would you be interested in receiving art in exchange for reads? (Poll Within)

Hello, everyone. I’ve been brainstorming ways to promote my story and since I like making art, I was trying to consider ways to use the one passion to help the other. Would you be interested if an author gave art in exchange for reads? Or, do you think that’s a bad idea. Does it feel like shameless promotion or is it roughly the same idea as a read for read? Please let me know your opinions.

• Yes, I would read a story (three chapters) for a free splash/artscene/cover.
  • No, I wouldn’t read a story (three chapters) in exchange for art.

0 voters

5 Likes

I would throw in a share your story too. and maybe support with a gem choice too

I just cheked your art and its really good and would be worth 5 gems easy.

1 Like

I voted for no for the sole reason I would read your story just to support you as an author! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
So no need for the free artwork!

3 Likes

I think if read for read is good for someone then having free art is equally good.
And your art is awesome so people will surely agree to read your story in exchange of art. (: :yellow_heart:

1 Like

Aw, thank you!

Hm, that’s a great idea. Thanks so much for the suggestions:)

1 Like

Thank you. I was thinking that, too. Your input is really helpful! :blush:

1 Like

And thank you, I appreciate that you think my art is good. That really means so much!:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

hey your art is good, you shouldn’t give ur work out for free just for some reads. it takes so much effort. link your story and instagram, we can support each other anyways <3

1 Like

Hi babe, we can support each other, of course! Besides, your art is very good and credit you in stories could also help, so yes, i’m down to it! <3

1 Like

Aw, thanks that means a lot. It does take effort. lol. Sure, I’ll link my story here.
@amaterasu_storytime, art ig: @faintest_one

2 Likes

Thank you! I appreciate the feedback :blush:

1 Like

I think that’s a great idea. If you end up doing it, let me know because I’d love to read your story and give you a shotout! I just checked your art and it’s beautiful :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thanks for the input and for checking out my art:) I’ll let you know :blush:

Absolutely!!! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

I think this is an amazing idea, although it is the same as read for read. But how would this work out, you can’t make a free art piece for every single person who reads your story-can you? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

That’s a good point. So, I figured it could go different ways. A simple splash wouldn’t take so long, but of course if there was a lot of of responses, I’d have to close and open sort of like art shops do. I’d also have to decide for premade or customization options.

For art scenes or a cover, it could be a similar thing where I could take a few requests and cap it at ten or so people at a time. Or I could say I’ll make three art scenes and if you read three chapters, I’ll enter you into the drawing and randomly select the three “winners”.

I did specify three chapter-reads above, thinking about splashes mainly. You’re correct that could easily be a lot, especially for an art scene or cover. That’s kind of why I wanted to ask to see what opinions and ideas others might have to offer. I’m glad I asked, because everyone has so graciously given me feedback and advice. It would probably have to be more than three chapter reads for an art scene or cover as some others have mentioned, but for a splash, I actually wouldn’t mind because I need the practice. People might have to wait a little for their piece. That might be the only issue.

2 Likes

Anyone have any logistics ideas for something like this? You’ve all brought up some really great points and given me some encouraging messages. I really appreciate the feedback, because I do tend to overextend myself, so I’m glad for realistic perspectives lol :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Your art is so good. Maybe you can select how many chapters will be worth splashes, cover, art sense etc

1 Like

Well art scenes and splashes do take up a lot of work and time. There are lots of people who can’t afford art and taking an opportunity simply as reading a story is like a huge reward, so I would personally expect a lot of requests. This actually might be overwhelming too. Think about it for a second, there’s this artist, not mentioning her name but you might know who I’m talking about. Where she opened up a shop and she does semi-realism/realism art style and she had to close because of all the art requests piling up in a very short amount of time. With this, you might always be busy and might not have the time to update your story. Either you can limit 1 art per person or something like this, or dedicate to only doing specifically 1 thing per person along with the limit. And of course like you said, you may need to close and open, and close and open…That’s what I would do. Like I’ll make every person 1 profile picture if you purchase 5 gems, and read my story with proof and so on. I don’t know this is just an example

Not to mention your a very talented artist, who wouldn’t take this opportunity?

2 Likes