Would you be interested in receiving art in exchange for reads? (Poll Within)

Well, thank you so much. You all are making me feel really great about my art. Thank you.

To be honest, I’ve actually posted about doing splashes for reads, but because I’m now getting back on the forums after years, I forgot they were called splashes. I actually didn’t get any responses. So, that’s why I thought a poll would be a good idea. It could be I made the thread somewhat convoluted though with a lot of rules and hypotheticals. :thinking:

1 Like

@IrisLevont And, you’re absolutely correct; it would definitely have to be one art piece per person. That would get messy quick. I wouldn’t have even thought to clarify that.

1 Like

Ah, that’s an interesting angle. I like that idea. It’s kind of like different reward tiers. Thanks for the suggestion. :grinning:

1 Like

Exactly. As a great idea this is, it must be organized in order for it to fully function the way you would want it to, without having 5 art scenes from 1 person, 2 profiles pictures from another, or 1 large and 1 small cover for another 4 people, you know? It’s ultimately up to know and the amount of time you want to do both keeping up with your story and free art. But once again, it’s not a bad idea at all (: Good luck with it though. Fill free to reach out if you need advice too!

(Like Ash sort of said, you could also do contests? That’s even more limits too)

2 Likes

Yes, you bring up some great points. Ah, contests might be the way to go! I think the biggest thing would be reserving the right to close at a certain number of people in any case. It couldn’t be an ongoing thing. I’d set an award period or something…lol, yeah a contest would make sense.

Regardless, you’re right, it would have to be very clearly outlined and thought out. Thank you for your insight; I’ll reach out if I feel stuck and need some help figuring it all out.

1 Like

Sure! glad I could somewhat help (:

1 Like

Hey! I voted no because, as an artist myself, I know that creating art takes time and patience, so I think you shouldn’t give out your time and work in exchange for reads! :two_hearts:
I would support you as an author with or without free art! :heartpulse:
You can promote your story by engaging with your followers on IG! By creating character contests, story games (bingo, etc…) and posting sneak peeks! :sunny:
You can also promote your story here on the forums! There are plenty of promoting threads! :heartbeat:
I hope I helped in some way! :revolving_hearts:

1 Like

That’s totally fair; it does take time. And thank you, that means a lot! I don’t have much of a base yet, but I will definitely try all of those suggestions going forward. :blush:

1 Like

I also wanted to add that, giving out arts in exchange for reads may lead the readers to only read your story to get the art, and not because they’re actually enjoying the story! That’s my input on this at least. :heartpulse:

That’s a good point, too. That’s why I was thinking to just do it for a few chapters as a promotional thing and was hoping that would spark enough interest to get people to continue afterwards. I’m actually updating my story from classic, if you can believe it. Several years ago, I actually got over 10, 000 reads. So, I feel the story has some potential, I just think it’s getting it out there to pique initial interest.

1 Like

I’m sure your story is phenomenal!! If you want to try that method, go ahead! As long as you don’t get overwhelmed with all the work, you should be good. :heartpulse:
And I’m happy that your story got 10k reads, you deserve them! :pleading_face: :heartbeat:

1 Like

Thanks! I don’t even know how it happened, I think that’s partially why I’m like, hm, what am I doing wrong this time? However, I used to do read for reads and give very detailed reviews and I can’t even remember how I promoted it to be honest. It was probably just luck.

It takes time, though. So, I’ll be patient. :thinking: I’m very excited to do the sequel of this story, so I think that’s why I’m trying to find different ways to promote it, so that I can build enough of a base that would care about having a sequel. People were asking before, but I wasn’t considering the option then. I waited too long in between. Oh well, such are hiatuses and trying to graduate or what have you…

I want to say thank you to everyone who gave me feedback here. I will be holding a contest in several days to coincide with the release of Chapter 4 of Murder at Ambrogi Mansion (LL). Please let me know if you’d like to be tagged!

Murder at Ambrogi Mansion is a mystery story layered in deception, betrayal, and intrigue. Action sequences, drama, and even dashes of comedy show the heights of friendship and the depths of regret.
Murder_at_Ambrogi_Mansion_LL_posterThumb_QshLZigO99
Extended description:
When you’re invited to the mansion of your estranged friend, the famous singer and performer Nadia Ambrogi, you are accused of murder. As a fierce winter storm howls and moans outside, can you unearth the unspeakable truth buried deep within the mansion’s walls?

Each chapter uncovers more deception, reveals friends to be enemies, enemies to be friends, and blurs the line between truth and lies. A race against time, with the main character’s fate in the balance, is only the first unbelievable event to mark your stay at the illustrious Ambrogi Mansion.

You’re Invited…

1 Like

Murder huh? Bookmarked!

1 Like

:blush: