- Illustrations are a good incentive to read a story.
- I only like it if they are high quality illustrations.
- I prefer photo edits/manipulations than actual illustrations.
- I’m indifferent towards illustrations.
- I prefer there be none, just stick to the standard format.
I like to draw a lot, and I’ve been working pretty hard on my first story. I was hoping to include custom images in each chapter. (Think like in eastern visual novels – there’s a special still image when something important or romantic happens.)
These take a little while to draw, so I was wondering – does this sort of thing enhance your reading experience? Are you more likely to read a story that includes this kind of bonus material, or are you indifferent?