Would you call a stories childish?

Why would someone call a stories childish? Anyway you shouldn’t be cruel to a girl or boy.
Let me say this , what happened if they call your story childish or otherwise wreak of a story.
( I did read some of story you suggested me to read. Everyone get a thumbs up :+1:t2:. Keep it up)

( I didn’t mean to make you feel bad or sad. But I was looking on episode forum that was rude or inappropriate and hopefully is to respect the people who create the story in the first place.

3 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

13 Likes

Lmao

3 Likes

Moved to Episode Fan Community since Community is for discussion specific stories. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink:

2 Likes

1 Like

I don’t think that “childish” is necessarily an insult. Stories have different target audiences, you can’t expect an adult to enjoy what a pre-teen does. If someone calls your story childish it just mean that it wasn’t meant for them and that you evidently write for a younger audience.

Also, why did this post got flagged?

12 Likes

If someone called something I wrote childish, and explained why they thought so, I would evaluate the criticism and (depending on how much of it I agreed with) apply it to my work or ignore it. When you put your work out there for people to read you hope you’re going to get feedback, it won’t always be good and sometimes it will be thoughtless and rude, that’s part of the deal when you share something.

8 Likes

there is nothing wrong with likeing Disney. I properly own more Disney movies than you.

1 Like

I don’t know. But I wouldn’t call a story childish, although I do read story on episode app and everystory I pick is pretty good.
is the forum have a ghost haunted account.

1 Like

1 Like

Ok but I planned making a episode account soon but right now I busy doing art and craft.

But from time to time I do read a episode story once in a while.

that movie is actually one those I dont have. was never sold here where I live.

Why would someone call a stories childish? Anyway you shouldn’t be cruel to a girl or boy.

I agree with not being cruel.
A person might call a story childish for being simple or just too far out of the age range of their intended audience.
I watch shows that are “childish” but don’t care because I like them.

Let me say this , what happened if they call your story childish or otherwise wreak of a story.

If they can’t back it up then ignore it as hate. My brother teases me for watching a show calling it “for babies” I ignored it because I enjoy the show, and he never watched it.
One of my favorite quotes is “If everyone loves what you do, you’re doing something wrong.” We all have favorite shows, books, colors etc. so finding or making something everyone in the world will enjoy is impossible.

Also calling a story childish doesn’t equate to a calling it a wreck, more so immature or simplistic (which isn’t always a bad thing. )

That’s not nice. Even adults can still love Disney princesses. Sorry, I won’t get into it.

Well I was looking on forum that some people comment were just plain inappropriate on forum. Well everyone isn’t perfect like Hannah Montana would say.

Not out loud. :zipper_mouth_face:

But seriously, I agree with Zey, different stories have different target audiences.

I might argue that reading a story with a younger mindset/audience, and rather than saying “Oh, this story doesn’t appeal to me, I guess I’ll drop it and read another,” the reader leaves a fanmail saying “This is childish” is a case of the pot calling the kettle black, as they say. Not intended as a personal jab to anyone who left that fanmail, of course. Just something for them to think about and learn from.

On the other hand, though, the author should brace themselves for criticism, constructive and not. It’s a part of putting yourself out there, just something to get used to, and separate the comments of those who want to help you from just regular rudeness. Both are a part of life.

3 Likes

The same reason people call a story ‘trash’ or ‘unoriginal’. Maybe that’s what they really feel about your story, or maybe they’re just trolling and trying to provoke a reaction. But if they provide a reason for why they think your story is childish, then they’re just trying to help you improve it.

At least I don’t have a story out yet but it coming in 2021