Would you click on this?

Hey guys, just curious to know if you would click on this cover for a mystery/crime story?

(not published and the title may/may not change. It’s just a tester.)

1 Like

I would! I like how it gives a dark, mysterious vibe to it.

1 Like

I’m writing it as a sort-of who-dun-it but there are so many suspicious circumstances,characters and situations that you don’t know who to trust… and to keep it interesting: There are 5 MCs with their own lives, issues and problems and choices for each that affect the story.

1 Like

I’d click it, but if I read it would depend on the description given.

2 Likes

I think it sounds really good. I would definitely read it.

1 Like

I’m very curious to read it

1 Like

My description is just a filler for now. I’ll fix it once I’ve worked through the story a bit further. It’s a who-dun-it type story.
“When secrets can kill, who do you trust? Will you uncover the lie that started it all? Find out in Secrets and Lies”
Right now it’s sort of just a jump off point for me to elaborate on later.

1 Like

Thanks, I’m still a few months from publishing anything. I want to get three episodes done and make them as good as I can (the coding, dialogue, etc.) before publishing. I’ve seen a lot of stories where the idea behind it is awesome but the delivery sucks and feels rushed… I’m trying to not do that to my story. LOL

I would definitely click the story if I saw the cover but that description is very vague and kills of the mood :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I think it’s a bit vague, in my opinion there’s thousands of possibilities of what the secrets could be, you’ve got to make readers want to know what they are.

This bit is a good opener.

I’d change this to reveal a bit more and hint what the secrets are about.

You can probably just take this out cause the reader already knows.

This is just my opinion and you’ve said you’ll elaborate more so don’t pay me much attention :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah, I plan to make a more in-depth description for it. Like I said, it’s just a jumping point, really. Those are the questions that started the writing process for my story. So I just typed it in (mainly because I didn’t know you could click on the “more details” thing under the Title LOL I thought you filled out all the genre/description stuff when you publish–I’m such a newb. LOL )

1 Like

Yeah, I feel like that seems …oddly placed. LOL I will figure out the description to be published once I get close to publishing… I’m one of those writers that I write a draft…look at it…fix little things…read again…decide I hate the whole scene and throw it away. LOL so the actual description will change drastically as I edit more of the scenes. LOL

1 Like

Honestly, I’m stil trying to decide what to name the town they live in and the school name…right now, in my script, they literally say “town” and “school” LOL

1 Like

Hahaha no problem, let me know if you need any help! :wink:

1 Like

Thank you! Once I get closer to the finished first epi, I might look for some beta readers… if you’d be interested?

1 Like

I’d love to but I’m unable to read stories through share links, let me know how it goes though :wink:

1 Like

Ah, well, thanks anyway! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think it’s a good cover, I don’t know if I’d read or not, it would depend on the description. I would however recommend changing the writing, either the colour or the font or maybe both. To me, it kind of takes away the mysterious vibe as it is too light and playful to go with the vibe, I’m not a fan of the neon on the guy but it still manages to work, but not alongside the writing. But that’s only my opinion. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was thinking about that, too. Like I said, it’s just a tester…just playing around with an idea and getting feedback… So, your opinion is greatly appreciated :smile: … I just wanted to see how the font size looked on the picture. I’m not sure about the color either. Any suggestions?

Well without knowing how it would play out I can’t say for sure… but if it’s more sinister maybe a bolder font and perhaps a red and a white colour so maybe secrets in white and lies in red or something
Feel free to pm me if you want to talk about it in more detail