🙋🏼‍♀️ Would you compete for a boyfriend or girlfriend? 🙋🏻‍♂️

I am the type of person where I will let the girl have the guy. Drama free over here. :sunglasses:

Especially if the girl is super aggressive and attention seeking.

21 Likes

i wont ever like someone so…NO

7 Likes

You won’t ever like someone?

Some people are set with being single for life. My brother told me once he is not going to marry. I didn’t believe him. He is almost 40 so…

4 Likes

No. Chances are if you are in this situation, the person whom you are competing for is not worth it. He/she should decide who to date. Not leaving you to compete with someone for him/her.

13 Likes

Agreed, fighting for someone is lame and objectifying, imo. They aren’t an object you can fight a Karen for at your local Walmart, and they’re certainly not some prize.

10 Likes

If they’re conflicted on who to pick, most likely, you’re better off not dating them at all, I’d argue. They should know they want to date you, without any games or hesitation. I don’t see myself getting in an actual relationship, and I’m definitely not competing with someone. Relationships shouldn’t be a prize.

12 Likes

YES. Exactly what I thought

1 Like

Like you said its unnecessary drama and ik my worth and if he/she cant see that then they aint worth my time

2 Likes

Nope. I’m not gonna compete for a lame person, if they make u compete then they’re 100% not worth it. I’m worth more than that. Everyone is worth more than that. to compete is honestly sorta lame n possessive.

4 Likes

not at this age. and of course i wanna get married when i finish my studies, get a job. :smiley:

1 Like

I mean- my ex told me she had secretly been dating a dude behind my back and left me mid date for him- so a dude stole my lesbian lover without knowing she was ever taken.

but then he broke up with her, and me and her still being friends, now enjoy when I remind of her of her friendzoning me as a joke every hour we’re hanging out together.

Its like “I love how well we get along we’re such great friends” “yeah, ever since ya friendzoned me we’ve been such great FRIENDS CAROL”

5 Likes

Dang y’all are still friends?!

1 Like

no, since love is just fake and it will end soon.

4 Likes

You will NEVER see me fighting for someone. I refuse to beg for love / attention. If my partner wants to go be with someone else, so be it. I’ll heal; I’ll move on. Fighting for someone’s attention / love is EMBARRASSING… I mean, pining over a person who won’t even give you the time of day? :flushed: :raised_back_of_hand: Leave me be and spare me the heartbreak, you know?

4 Likes

Yeah primary school dating lol
I was in year 5 when she joined year 3’s class halfway through the year and the teachers aid saw me eating alone and brought her over and asked me to keep her company, we hit it off became the best of friends, started crushing on her when she was in year 4 and I was in year 6, at the end of the year she left that school and I finished to go onto highschool, halfway through year 5 for her and year 6 for me I told her how I felt in a public bathroom at a 10 pin bowling place (mainly because I had intended to confess to her that day but right before I went to she told me she had a crush on a girl named chloe at her school and I didnt hold my disappointment so she thought I didnt support her/that I was homophobic and ran to the bathroom crying… so I had to explain it wasnt homophobia but disappointment because I liked her whilst she was crying in a bathroom…) anyways we started dating for the rest of year 5 for her and year 7 for me and then we broke up halfway through year 6 for her and year 8 for me. :slight_smile: We promised at the start of the relationship if things dont work out we’d stay best friends and not let a spat get between our friendship, so we stayed friends, funny thing was our parents arranged a date to the movies for us because they didnt realise we were broken up, so my mum kept calling it a date over and over, and making hints that she’d leave us alone e.g. sitting my sister and herself in complete different rows etc… And then we went to the food court after the movie and I ordered a sushi tray for myself, thinking she might like to have some because I remembered her saying she LOVED sushi-
I sit down and she tells me shes allergic so I had to sit at the next table across from her and eat it…

Like homegirl whyd you tell me you loved sushi if you were allergic to it, we also ended up talking bout what happened and she admitted she found things awkward too and we managed to get that weight off our chest, apparently the dude she left me for broke up with her for somebody else and we ended up staying friends :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ooh wow that’s a lot to unpack :astonished:

1 Like

Exactly! Don’t stay in a relationship just to break up constantly and get back together again in a cycle. (As seen in my own life, I knew a girl online and her boyfriend caught feelings for me, we never told her though) they’re still together, but he always told me that they’d break up a lot and get back together, it was lots of trust issues. I talk to him sometimes, and I actually liked him as well.

2 Likes

I just let them to come to me, its much less stressful that way :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

This is me, I’ve planned to live a single life and have stood by this decision for a long time :yay:

In answering the question, personally I don’t think it’s ever a good idea for two people to compete over one person. First, it’s the case where they aren’t some conquest to be won, second, it’s emotionally exhausting having to do this plus you end up wasting tons of time if they don’t choose you (and you get heartbreak). In some cases, competition for a boyfriend or girlfriend can lead to worst case scenarios. I watched a documentary where two girls fighting over a guy led to murder.

4 Likes

well your brother can be aromantic. it’s okay to not like someone romantically! in my opinion, platonic love is more important than romantic love. :))

5 Likes