1- Repeatedly hitting on someone’s skull with a bat
2- Sacrificing others to save yourself
4- A skull rolling towards you
5- Excessive usage of shotguns and revolvers
And most likely anything in a zombie movie/series
1- Repeatedly hitting on someone’s skull with a bat
Help me design this scene!
I don’t, but you should put a warning.
1-Yes and no (depends if you show it or not)
2-No, if it wasn’t really explicit
5-Not at all
I guess it just depends how much you show and how you direct/describe it. Maybe if you include in-depth descriptions of these happening, put a warning. Hope this helps and I can imagine these happening in a zombie movie, so I find it kind of funny I wouldn’t care about any of it tbh, but some others might.
Thank you all, I’ll have to put a million warninngs
- Depends on how It’s used. Maybe have it happen offscreen, but hear the reactions of the person being hit with the bat, as well as the people around? (is this a Walking Dead reference by any chance? )
- I feel like that would be fine, for the genre the story seems to be. Yet, again, if it is going to be graphic, I would put a warning.
- This one is… pretty messed up, but it could be fine if handled tastefully. It would definitely be a surprise seeing this in an Episode story. But definitely put a warning at the beginning of the episode, as the basic age-range for Episode readers, are pretty young, and would be pretty traumatizing for most
- I don’t really know the context of this, but it seems alright.
- This seems like it would be fine, as well, as long as it is not too graphic (if it is graphic, put a warning before the episode). I would recommend, if someone was shot, use the “faint” animation, to avoid this issue. This is just my recommendation, though. You can do whatever you wish for your story.
Overall, I would 100% put a warning at the beginning of each episode. And-- possibly not the default warning that claims the story contains “mature themes and strong language”, as a lot of times, it could be misinterpreted as more mild situations than this. So, I would recommend, a short authors note at the beginning of each episodes (or just the first episode, if you wish), telling the viewers that the story is strictly for mature audiences.
Also, what is the title of your story going to be? I think it sounds… interesting & different to say the least
Yes its a TWD reference and the name will be Fear The Dead
I think you should give the option to skip the scenes and you should definitely put a warning Then people can decide for their self
Thats sounds about right, I dont want my readers to be scared
A lil bump and a visual experience for number 2;
In the series called The Walking Dead, one of the characters shoots another character on the leg so he can fall off and be the bait for the walkers. (zombies)
Something like this would be cruel, but would it be too messed up? If so I’m not going to add it.
1 - Meh, depends — like if you quickly zoom out after the first hit but do like three body drop sound for a bit.
2 - Nope — evil, devious, should totally do it.
3 - Depends — same thing as 1, if you are describing it, maybe go a bit on the easy side.
4 - Nope
5 - Nope
Its an honor to hear your opinions, will do
- Maybe or maybe not depends on if you show it being hit…
- No I won’t consider this brutal…
- Um… This really is brutal please put a warning at the start so the children (10-11 or younger) won’t get traumaterized by it…
5.It doesn’t really is a problem if it isn’t visible to us…
I decided to only narrate it, maybe a few art scenes of meat eating in dinner, who knows, maybe that will be okay
I don’t really know but if its just meat eating without being told that its human meat or their organs I guess its okay…
It honestly depends on how you depict it.
#3 could be the worst but there are other stories which sort of reference cannibalism (I think Porcelain does? We later find out that the “meat” they were eating wasn’t exactly from a cow.). As long as it’s not too graphic, I think you should be okay. I don’t really want to see overlays of flesh and blood flying across my screen while someone eats
The only other one which could maybe be too much is #1, but it would really depend.
They are just going to calmly eat the meat, a bit discussion, a bit gun fight, then puking
I think that should be okay lol
Bad news, both of my bgs were rejected, due to violence and murder.
I wish Episode was a bit more clear about their guidelines.
Here’s some guidelines I copied and pasted from the official page:
"What CAN’T my story include?
If stories contain objectionable or offensive content, we may not be able to feature or promote them. We are on the lookout for stories that are appropriate for readers ages 13 or older.
Objectionable content may include, among other things, content that:
*promotes or depicts excessive violence or assault, including but not limited to sexual assault, murder, and torture against humans or animals;
*any hate speech or content that promotes hatred or discrimination against individuals or groups, on the basis of race, ethnic or national origin, religion, marital status, disability, gender, age, or sexual orientation;
*promotes suicide, self-harm, abuse, or bullying;
*promotes excessive alcohol, tobacco or drug usage;
*promotes gambling, betting or casinos;
*portrays adult themes, including pornographic content, nudity, or prostitution; slanders or libels a person or third party;
*excessive use of profanity or sexually explicit phrases;
*advertises for outside products or services, including but not limited to website links, reviews, and promotional language;
*excessive promotion of the use of firearms, explosives, and ammunition; and excessive promotion of a political agenda."
It takes a lot time to make overlays, sadly guidelines aren’t enough to determine which part of it is unacceptable.