Would you help me with directing first chapter?

Hi, everyone!

Currently, I’m in the process of writing my own story. I’d call it more of a fantasy-drama-romance type of thing which I think needs some introduction at the beginning.

I figured, for the prologue (aka the very first chapter) I would let the readers create the main heroine and give them a more detailed narrative introduction to the starting plot (I already feel like description won’t be sufficient to set the general tone of my story). Tbh, I don’t want to start a story yet…

And here’s where the problem arises - how to make it interesting in terms of visualization and directing, so people would come back for the actual chapter 1? I don’t want a dry pop-up narrator box telling everything but I also don’t want to include any of the characters yet.

What can I do? Also, do you find it offputting if the first chapter starts with only an introduction and character creation?

2 Likes

hey do you want me to help you?

Hi! Thank you for your reply :relaxed:

Tbh, the directing itself is not an issue, since I have some experience with it. The problem is how to show it so it will be more interesting to the reader :frowning_face:

So like a proof reader?

Hey! I’m kinda an expert when it comes to plots and storytelling ESPECIALLY with fantasy romances (heh I have one published myself if you can’t tell!) and I’d love to help you! DM me, let’s talk about it :purple_heart: :raised_hand:t3:

1 Like

Tappable and moving/animated overlays look AMAZING if you have the time and energy to code them. I love seeing them in stories because they demonstrate how hard the author works to create their story. No pressure. Just a tip.

2 Likes

Tbh, I might be looking for one for further chapters but first one is pretty simple. Just a narration to introduce the reader into the MCs situation.

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply! Would you mind if I PMed you in the future when I have some doubts? I feel like my story may be too ambitous for my own little self since, I think, this plot type was never was published on Episode.

1 Like

Thank you so much! You helped me a lot with this one. I didn’t know that tappables are seen this way and you were right, once I put some, the quality improved so much! I made them quite simple and included some moving overlays but all in all it’s so much better than before :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

No problem! I know that feeling, especially since mine started off as a script and I had absolutely no idea how to put it onto Episode :sweat_smile: Feel free to DM me if you have any doubts, anything at all! :purple_heart:

1 Like

Aww, thank you, you’re such an angel <3 Yes, transforming the text into Episode is quite challenging, I agree. So much work to do even if it doesn’t look like it!

1 Like

Happy to help :grin:

1 Like