Would you? Please help

Hii,
So I have a question and it’s not one that gets asked and may seem strange for some of you.
Would you still read a story which doesn’t include any kissing, or sexual (mature scenes)?
What I’m basically trying to say, is I’d like to keep my story sweet and without any lustful aspects, like I want to write it as my characters are emotionally loving each other, if that makes sense? Not physically, maybe they hug and hold each other, however they show emotions and connect easily, with out having any deep desires.

14 Likes

yep!!!

1 Like

Yes

1 Like

I’d definitely read it and I think the idea of portraying this kind of relationship is very good, since not everyone wants a relationship with kissing and you-know-what :blob_hearts:

2 Likes

Yes! I prefer these types of stories, in fact.

1 Like

Moved to Share Feedback since this is about story ideas. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

2 Likes

I’m glad, this makes me feel relaxed and happier :relaxed:

2 Likes

I’d totally read that.

1 Like

Yh I’d be totally fine with this, I’m there for the dialogue. Tbh you don’t need any kissing at all in a story. Tons of romance movies in my mother tongue have zero kissing and people still love them :heart: :blush:

2 Likes

Yeah, as long as the plot’s good and I like the characters, I don’t care about kissing or sex scenes!

1 Like

I would but I think I’d still be hoping for a build up to a kiss. I’ve read a story where the characters only first kissed in chapter 23 and it was killing me, but I also enjoyed the fact that it was such a slow burn too and gave me such a well-written build up to it. I don’t really mind if characters don’t have sex though, so basically yeah, I’d read a story without any physical intimacies, but apart of me would always hope they’d kiss at some point.
That’s just me though, but if I’m well invested I can always push wants and expectations aside to keep reading.

4 Likes

Of course! Especially if the character is relatable to me :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

It’s an asexual’s dream

1 Like

In my story I wrote it like that cause I’m not much of a romance person so I like to read stories where the focus isn’t always on love and all of that

1 Like

I would read it as well :blush:

1 Like

I would read it ofc! :heartpulse:
I really don’t mind if the characters don’t have sex, but I think there should be at least 1 kiss in the whole story, it just makes me say “THEY FINALLY KISSED LSJSKSK” yk? :sob:
A relationship is still considered sweet and innocent with some kisses! No, I don’t mean kissing 24/7 but you get the point! It won’t be lustful at all.

2 Likes

Ik what you mean :white_heart:

1 Like

That’s exactly how my stories go except there are kissing scenes, but no sexual ones. But they do have real relationships, for instance Amethyst (my char) loves Ferryman (he doesn’t have a name, except the one Amethyst gave him) because at some point in her life she was desperate for an answer, and Ferryman’s exsistance is the answer she was looking for, and all the desperation was immediately relieved by his appearance. Not only did she get her answers, but she can proove she was worth of her family name and she would proove herself to her people, and the moment when she saw him and heard his story was the moment of relief only he could give her at that point, and that’s why she fell for him. How could you not have such a story end in a kiss? And that’s not even the MCs love story, so yeah, I would love to see such a story.

1 Like

Of course I would read, I mean if I’m being honest those scenes tend to make me cringe

1 Like

Exactly :sunny:

Yes!! This is exactly how I am writing my protagonist and LI! It’s a slow burn, no sex, no sexual intimacy at all, just a healthy good relationship! But it does take a h*ll of an author to make the story so addictive to hardly any romance like this since a majority of authors who write romance go straight into dating, kissing, sex and more in the first few chapters of meeting. I think you can do it though, and I can’t wait to read! :heart: Good luck!

2 Likes