Would you prefer character customization or no?

• Yes, character customization.
  • I don’t really care
  • No, I don’t want character customization.

0 voters

2 Likes

i like when you get to customize your MC and love interest but that’s really it. i hate when stories make you customize literally everyone and then make you waste a pass on a “customization only” chapter

3 Likes

Noted.:wink:

I only ever really read stories with CC, but everyone is different.

Write your story how you want to!

1 Like

If you want you can add limited customization which is what I like the most so you can still describe features in your story like eye color or hair color for example.

1 Like

Depends on how I think about the diversity in the story.

If I see little to no diversity or white main characters, there’s a good chance I won’t bother. I’m not supporting any author who don’t have the creativity and tiny amount of effort that don’t bother with diversity.

If the MC is a POC or their race/ethnicity is a part of the story, then I don’t mind at all.

2 Likes

Personally, I actually rather like it when authors don’t let me customize, because given the option of CC, I end up creating too many lookalikes (not sure why I don’t just press continue and get on with it, but that’s the oddities of the brain for you). Same thing with naming the MC in games. I end up choosing the same names over and over again, because I can’t think of anything new and don’t like using my own name.

I also think making it non-customizable can give the author some pretty neat opportunities for detailed coding - like with hand overlays or edited overlays of the character’s face.

However, like others have said, it’s ultimately your decision about what is best for the story. Though if you are seeking a compromise between the two, limited CC isn’t a bad option. It can also be invaluable if you, like I mentioned above, realize you want custom hand overlays.

3 Likes

Do you still enjoy reading stories if you can’t customize the character’s features?

1 Like

Yes :smile:

2 Likes