Would you rather read…

Would you rather read a story about a “bad boy falls for the quiet girl” OR “regular girl falls for the mafia boss”?

Since I feel as if those are the two most popular storylines , which one do you guys think is better?

5 Likes

Personally, I wouldn’t read either since they’re both far too cliche/overused for my liking but I’m sure others may read one of them (:

Forum users & Episode App users seem to have contradicting opinions. The readers who aren’t on the forums seem to love ‘maf*a boss romances’/‘bad boy meets good girl’/‘employee falls for employer’/‘student falls for teacher’ whereas forum readers often absolutely despise these themes but it’s your story so you write whatever you’d like to write about (:

5 Likes

Neither but I am going to say the first because I hate the second.

5 Likes

I’m a neither person but if both were less cliché and more original then I would say bad boy falls for quiet girl. I’m not a mafia person anymore, when I first saw them I knew they were just fictional but now there over used and portray not ok things as ok, there’s some good ones out their (all the good/ ok ones out there that I read are discontinued or hidden/ deleted, or I can’t remember the name) (I did read a good goverment action story recently though but that’s off topic, it had mafia but wasn’t mafia). But Anyways Bad boy falls for quiet girl if it was more original than other ones.

Edit: I sadly don’t know the difference between fiction and non-fiction, but basically fake. ( In case I used it wrong, because I always forget the difference)

1 Like

Fiction =

• Not real
  • Fake
  • Made Up
  • Once Upon A Time (Example)
  • Didn’t Really Happen (Purely Imagination)
  • Not True

Non-Fiction =

• Documentary (Example)
  • Facts
  • True
  • Not Fake
  • The Story Of Someone’s Real Life/Experiences (Example)
4 Likes

I’ve never read any story of the bad boy falls for the quiet girl :neutral_face:. It’s usually the bad boy falls for the regular girl. So… Yeah that’s my answer. Number one. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Thank you (I always forget, mostly because in school they said/ say remember one as factual, and one as fake)

1 Like

If I HAD to pick one, probably “bad boy falls for the quiet girl.” It’s slightly less dangerous for it to happen in real life than falling for a mafia boss.

2 Likes

Lmaoo, I’m not sure why lots of people strongly dislike the mafia section of episode😭. Maybe it’s because it’s overused but I really like them

Tbh yeah, Mafia love is an overused and toxic trope. I’d love a normal romance story, but it’s Episode so idk what else I would expect. No hate to anybody who enjoys either genre, I used to love them a while back, they’re just not my thing anymore :woman_shrugging:

It’s because of how toxic they are often made to be (:

These are common trope/issues/plots used (Yes, there’s a lot. I’m just listing everything I have read more than once in Maf/a Episode stories)

• MC falls for someone in the maf/a (often the leader)
  • MC joins the maf/a and starts ‘getting their hands dirty’
  • MC gets pregnant and for some reason the maf/a boss LI believes she’s a rat/she ‘backst/bbed’ him after some incident occurs. This often results in the LI wanting to k/ll the MC (Even though he doesn’t find out she’s pr/gn/nt until either the last minute or not far off the last minute)
  • Someone close to the MC/LI gets badly injured/k/lled or has a ‘near d//th’ experience
  • The MC/LI’s enemies attack at either the worst/the best moment (Meaning the MC/LI are either fully prepared or not prepared at all)
  • The MC often has 2 brothers and/or 2 male cousins as well as a protective/absent father
  • The MC often has an empathetic mother who tends to want grandbabies as soon as the MC finds a partner or the mother is completely opposite having a careless/abandoning manner who couldn’t care less about the MC
  • The MC/LI often have nicknames for each other (i.e = Little Sheep, Little Daisy, baby/babe, gorgeous, handsome etc…) Just use shortened versions of their name (i.e = Emma - Em/Emmy, Brooklyn - Brook/Lyn, Charlotte - Charlie/Lottie etc…)(Make sure that the MC/LI’s friends don’t shorten the name to that though)
  • The Maf/a is often Italian/Russian/American/British.
  • The MC is usually a badass/confident woman or a shy/scared child
  • The LI is also over powering/toxic/cold/careless and has trust/anger issues
  • The relationship between the MC/LI often includes a power imbalance
  • The LI often gets angry for no reason
  • The MC and LI tend to take their anger/frustration out on each other then end in a ‘good old’ argument
    & there’s more…

Obviously, not every author’s maf/a story will be toxic but I haven’t read many maf/a stories yet that haven’t been toxic all the way through or have turned toxic in some way (:

2 Likes

I’ll join you with that one! (:

1 Like

Will do now (:

tbh i’d pick the first over the second any day because at least from the stories ive read about them the relationships between mc and li are very emotionally developed, mainly bcs the authors usually make out the mc to be unattractive. at least they get each other on some level and the bad boy undergoes some sort of development. while regular girl-mafia stories the mc just believes that powerful and hot are character attributes and has “pick me” vibes. plus its totally unrealistic and not to mention romanticizing mafia bosses way too hard and the fact that 11/10 times its cuz the mafia li kidnaps the mc that she ends up falling for him…like please no…yikes.

1 Like

Both but only if the storie has some kind of twist that makes it less cliche OR if it’s extremely well written

1 Like

I’ve kinda seen them done to death be interesting to see it flipped haven’t seen one story on the quiet boy or even a normal boy ever.

I know they’re a little bit cringe and kinda toxic but… I love them both! I have read so many of these stories-

• :cold_face: bad boy x good girl :angel:

• :business_suit_levitating: criminal boy x innocent girl :woman_kneeling:

• :man_teacher: male teacher x female student :woman_student:

• :office: CEO x assistant! :woman_shrugging:

My favourite would probably be the office romances because they are the most ‘realistic’ if you know what I mean.

And my second favourite would be the :person_fencing: mafia boss x regular girl :woman_office_worker: because it’s a lot like the :anger: bad boy x good girl :dancer: but it adds a little bit of :sparkles:spice :sparkles:

1 Like

Definitely the first. My brain shuts off at the mention of “mafia.”

1 Like

Finally someone that thinks like me!!!:joy::joy:

1 Like

We stan Stockholm Syndrome :wink:

But fr yeah, mafia stories just make me cringe. The LI is always the leader and is just such a d-ck for most of the story, and the MC is usually a “pick me” girl with no real personality outside of “look at how different and unique I am even tho the author of this story made me look like every other episode MC.”

2 Likes