Would you rather write a quality story in classic and not get a lot of reads, or write a not-so-high quality story in ink/limelight and get many reads?

Classic used to be my fave. I’ve never seen a shitty classic story on the app, but that might’ve just been what I was seeing when I was messing around on the app when I was like, 10. It’s more of nostalgia thing I guess. Also, the clothes rock way harder than ink! Gotta say though, I’m glad I don’t have to see girls walking around on their tippy toes all the time because the animators though that every girl in classic should automatically wear high heels. That pissed me off even as a little kid haha.

5 Likes

I agree. As long as you love reading/writing, the style shouldn’t matter. :blush:

2 Likes

Tf was that big dick comment you wrote and deleted a second ago?

1 Like

Ahahah that’s hilarious. Go high 5 him or something LMFAO

1 Like

That was my brother i am soo sorry and embarrassed!!!

1 Like

Don’t worry about it haha

1 Like

Thank you for suggesting two of my stories! I can’t believe people still recommend my old stories, but it means a lot to see! :yellow_heart:

looks at the original question

Well…this is awkward. :flushed:

pleads the fifth and runs out the room

6 Likes

Please make the list public! Especially the recent! I’m finding myself short of new Classic stories!

I totally agree with you here, especially

I know that if someone doesn’t like something? Guess what… there’s always someone else who does.

But, I can’t say the same for caring about the number of reads. Even though I can pretend, say, and even convince myself that I don’t care about the reads is a lie. In some part of my heart, I really do care. I do want people to see my story and acknowledge the hard work I put into it. Now, although I do want reads on my upcoming Classic story, I certainty am not expecting them. And I think that’s just ok. :slight_smile: I’m trying to write this for the fun of it. I just want to try out complex directing in Episode once again, make original backgrounds, and this time try complex branching. I am also thankful that a person like you exists in the Episode reader population. Thanks for having that support for authors who still hold love for Classic till this day.

Also, I just want to add that Classic will always be number one for me. I think partially because of how it was there since the beginning. But, other than that, I just like the animations. The INK and Limelight are becoming more and more realistic. Another personal side note, although INK is the “cartooniest,” something about that style makes me hate it. I’m not even sure why tbh. Limelight is pretty good, but a bit realistic for my liking. Sorry I kind of went off on a tangent…

5 Likes

You are writing a story! Please share it with me when it is published! Also it’s really cool that you are writing it in classic! I don’t know I would like to have reads, but I am just going to dabble in each of the styles and see what I like.

3 Likes

I’m a BIG fan of World on a String! Because of that I became very interested in alternate dimensions. Hell, my pick-me-ups are thinking “At least I was able to in a different dimension.” :joy: Hell’s Verdict was also very entertaining. I’m actually planning to reread it soon! I’ve also actually been a character in WOAS due to the contest you once held. Though you won’t recognize me because I erased my original existence off of Episode lolol. Your stories may be old, but quality doesn’t age!

Right your new stories are in INK, right? I’ve yet to check them yet lol. But, I don’t expect them to be bad stories like the original question indicates lol.

As an ancient Classic lover, I hope that you’ll write a little bit (like a small story) in Classic once again. Of course, if you don’t want to that’s understandable as everyone has preferences that change over time.

5 Likes

Sure! I’ll share it on the forums once I publish it. Though, it may be a while because I’m making a lot of my own backgrounds. (I hope I stick to making them and not give up lol). I’m also planning to add a lot of complex branching and have a set amount of episodes finished before I published so my readers won’t have to wait too long… if I have any :joy:

2 Likes

Quality, probably. But I also enjoy making trash stories, with underwhelming characters. As long as I am having fun with my story, I am fine.

1 Like

Yeah, I can see where you’re coming from. In a way, it’s only natural to care about the reads. I mean, after all, why else would we write if we wouldn’t want or expect someone else to read it, even if it was just for fun, you know (unless it’s meant to be private of course)? I guess what I meant in more specific terms was, I’d rather have a smaller audience with a high retention rate even if it meant lesser reads than a larger audience with a low retention rate but with more reads. A high amount of reads (or any amount, really) doesn’t mean a lot to me, but building an audience does, I suppose; even if it’s just a smaller one.

I suppose that would most likely be expected when writing in Classic, but yet again, I’m cool with that like you said. It’s understandable, especially in these times, as the community shifts away and gravitates towards the new style preferences. I am fully aware that only a handful of people in this community like the Classic style (myself included), and that the majority does not. Above all, quality is what I’m looking for in stories.

And yeah, I’ll definitely make that list public soon. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

DAYUM, you used no filter!

2 Likes

As long as you love it, then that’s all that matters! :blush:

L M F A OOOOOOOO I’M DEAD! but I agree. The only time I enjoy classic is when it’s a comedy lol. Other than that? I’m team Limelight. I enjoy ink as well.

2 Likes

Oh I’m happy to hear that! And now I’m curious about which of my contest winners you were but I won’t pry! Thank you again!

And my new ink stories haha :sweat_smile: you can ignore those :grimacing: lol

luv classic dont care wat ppl say

4 Likes

Quality = Classic

Quality over quantity, always

3 Likes

Thanks! I thought it was weird looking too, but I got used to it. I think people steer away from classic stories bcs they haven’t found ones they’re addicted to and love. That’s because episode tries to steer people towards ink and limelight Once I read a story I loved, I got used to it and its the best thing ever. Maybe try until death do us part or tortuous? They’re amazing stories and impacted me. fr tho

3 Likes