Would you read a story that doesn't have LI

I prefer stories without a LI. In some longer stories it’s nice for the MC to have a significant other, but I generally prefer stories in genres that are very plot driven like mystery and thriller where romantic subplots often feel completely unnecessary at best and forced at worst.

1 Like

Nah I wouldn’t but someone commented above that horror stories don’t have LI but there’s actually a story called The Infected which does have a LI you guys should check it out, great story

Of course! There’s quite a few stories that are AMAZING that don’t have an LI. Although some readers prefer having one or two LI.
Personally, I think a story doesn’t need an LI to be good. It works for every genre (except romance obviously)

1 Like

Definitely! I also plan to write one

1 Like

Unless it’s classic, sorry I just can’t… I will read it no matter if it has LI or not

Oop hi, that was me but I didn’t say that they don’t have LIs I just said that I didn’t see the point but it depends on the type of horror story.

Yah I see your point, I was only joking lol

yeah I’d read it, only if it’s fantasy or horror tho

I would <3

2 Likes

Interesting question. I’ve never read a story without a LI but I would definitely read it if the plot is good. Plot before romance in my opinion. Sometimes I feel sometimes a LI is only there for the sake of having one.

2 Likes

Of course I would! Not every story has to have romance included.

2 Likes

my story doesn’t revolve around the LI if you want to check it out its called Sudden Life Change its a drama story
here is the link http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4808225838006272

2 Likes

Bump!

Absolutely! (Unless it’s romance, of course, but that’s understandable).
I miss good stories without LIs. Life doesn’t turn just around love and sometimes romance that’s forced into the plot for no apparent reason just comes out stupid. If my goal in the story is to solve a mystery, I really don’t need to end up making out with the detective in the evidence room, if you know what I mean.

4 Likes

I would love to! My favorite stories are these with no LI or with an option to keep things friendly. Unfortunately they’re also difficult to find so I’m very happy when someone decides to write a story with no romance or optional one :heart:

Thanks for the tag :heartpulse:
Honestly I prefer story with LI, but depends on what the genre is! I mean not every story have to have an LI but my preference goes to the stories that have an LI

Bump!

Bump!

It’s more that not having a love interest wouldn’t necessarily prevent me from reading a story, since it would still have to be a story that’s interesting to me and include characters I find engaging. I’m not sure I could read a story that doesn’t have strong connections of any type between characters though.

Thanks everyone for your contributions and opinions on this topic

1 Like