Would you read a story with a male MC?

I’ve started working on a story with a gay male MC. But I don’t want it to be corny or cheesy.
Basically it’s your classic high school drama(obviously that’s not all, but that’s like the setting.). There’s so many m/f stories and also a lot of f/f, but I’ve yet to find a story with m/m that’s not super old and unfinished.
Do you think anyone would be interested in reading something like this? I feel like the idea of a male MC might scare a lot of people away, but I feel like it’s a fun way to spice up what you normally read. LIke you’d be able to customize and name him, like any other story with a female MC.
Obviously I’ll probably write it regardless, but I just want it to be perfect, and want to know if people would be open to the idea.

11 Likes

Definitely. A male MC isn’t a dealbreaker at all for me. I think it is for the average episode user - as they tend to want to play as themselves.

There are still successful stories with male MCs though.

6 Likes

HECK TO THE YES I WOULD!! :smiley:

1 Like

Really? I’ve never actually seen one, if you look past the ones that let you choose your gender. I’d love to read one. You have any recs?

2 Likes

YES I WOULD READ IT
finally some story that doesn’t have a dumb girl as MC :sob:

3 Likes

I’d give it a read. All the ones I know of are super old and abandoned, like you said.

4 Likes

I live for male MCs

3 Likes

My next story features a male MC so yes!

2 Likes

I love Disconnected by Alvar M.
The Next Stage by Lisa P, too.

I believe Bittersweet Wounds by CERI switches perspectives from the male to female MC every chapter. That story is amazing (and fully released).

4 Likes

I don’t mind at all. Truth be told, I don’t think everyone will read it, but that’s true of any story outside extremely popular story trends. And I think the people who stick around will be better readers and fans for you than the ones who drop anything that doesn’t match their exact preferences.

3 Likes

DEFINITELY. Go for it! Gay men deserve their own stories too!

Bonus points if it is INK!

3 Likes

High school romance isn’t really my thing, but I’d definitely read a story with a gay male main character, and the genre and setting themselves will appeal to most Episode readers. I don’t think the main character’s gender is that much of a big deal for most people, plus there are plenty of guys on the app. You’ll definitely have an audience.

4 Likes

yess I would. I think one of my favorite authors of all time is coming out with a story with a gay male MC and I didn’t have any second thoughts on not reading it!!:wink:

I don’t know if my reply came off negatively, but I actually agree with the above replies. If you like it, then somebody else in the world will be bound to like it too. There’s always an audience. :blue_heart:

2 Likes

Yes!! I would be so interested. I’m being honest, I have never seen or read a story with a male mc, in all my time on Episode. I know!! I can’t just seem to find those types of stories, because they are not very common. :sob:

Yes!! One of my favorite LGBT+ stories is “In Full Flight” by S. Jason. I’ll definitely look out for your story when it’s released :eyes:

1 Like

I’d read it!!! The only story I’ve read with a male MC was Donor Daddy. I’d love to see one with a gay MC too!! I haven’t ran across too many with one.

In Villain Rehab, you get to play as a male MC. Most of the story that I read to feature a female MC just because most writers are female and I enjoy relating to points in the plot, but I am always open to reading stories with male MCs. It is just see things from a different perspective.

2 Likes

Male MCS are overlooked and sadly underused due to the vast stereotyes Episode promotes in their stories.
I have at least three stories I’ll make that will have male MC’s, but they’re not complete yet, and this isn’t the right area to promote.

3 Likes

For a while, actually, weren’t the only Episode.Official stories that had male protagonists Rock 'N Roll Revolution and The Peacock Heist?

1 Like