Would you read a story with limited costumeation?

I’m currently writing my first story aswell as the fact that I’m making art scenes. The only thing left before I start coding is whether i should let the readers do a full cc or a limited one. This is for both the MC and the first LI. The plan is to let the readers choose the MCs and LIs hair color and style, faceshape, eye shape, mouth color and shape. That will still make it possible for me to write the character description and make the art scenes without it looking bad. But then I saw multiple tiktoks that said they won’t read storys unless it’s full CC. Would you? Also I will post again shortly about proofreaders. All answers will be appreciated.

4 Likes

I personally would read a story with limited CC but some won’t because a lot of MC’s tend to be the generic white MC and they want their character to be more melanated.

4 Likes

I will read any story whether it had limited cc or full cc or it doesn’t have any cc. I just want the story to be fun to read lol.

1 Like

Sure as long as the story isn’t gang/mafia/toxic LI related and in romance I would. I am not a fan of other genres usually.

1 Like

Well it was about a mafia first but im changing the plot now. It was supposed to be about a girl who moves away until she’s older and can take over the mafia cause people are trying to kill her. She gets close to this one boy who’s actually there to kill her. But im thinking about making it in a fantasy land where she’s the heir to an Kingdom, but instead of being sent away to a boarding school she is sent to another kingdom until she can return. And the boy thing will still be there. Do you think it’s something you’d read?

Personally, I would play irrespective of full CC or limited CC. But I do like when its allowed to change the skin tone and hair color to make the MC more personal. Some authors do allow full CC and display a msg that the art scenes may not represent the chosen features.

1 Like

Yes, i may do that since I just changed the whole plot. I’m still in need of a proofreader, someone who’s preferred to not be under 15. Of you’re interested, I can put the description of the story

I dont Care for CC. But a lot do, so if You Can handle a lot of people asking for CC, then dont add it and do as you want

1 Like

I’m honestly okay with having full CC, even if the art scenes don’t match. It helps me feel more like I’m in the story

You can just insert a warning saying that art scenes may not match your character features, if that’s the route you’d like to go

1 Like

My story has full cc, except for you can’t change their hair color. But my next episode I’m writing my readers can be allowed to change their hair color. but I would still read a story if it didn’t have full cc. As long as it’s a good story

1 Like

I personally prefer limited CC. I usually don’t CC characters to begin with. IDK, most readers like Full CC but will settle for limited. Just be prepared for endless spam asking “cc?” lol

1 Like

I honestly like reading stories with limited or no CC more, it just allows more (limb overlays, art scenes…) and makes it seems more personal in a way.

1 Like

I would read it. Especially when it is necessary for the story-line I don’t mind limited CC. :wink:

1 Like

It doesn’t matter really. At this point readers are more interested in what’s happening in the story line. My story gives the ability to choose everything else besides hair/color, eyebrow color and lip color is tied to whatever skin color chosen. Then throughout the story you get opportunities to changes colors and styles in hair salons.

1 Like

@LStorys.ep yeah sure. I can proofread. I’m 19 and pretty much spoke english almost my whole life. <3

1 Like

Omg yes thank you. If you can follow me on Instagram, ls.episodestories it would be great. I can update you on the progress and I can send you the “teaser” there. I’m also almost done with planning my plot I’ll start coding somewhere next week.

1 Like