Would you read a story with more than one MC?

You don’t understand what?

1 Like

I would definitely read!

2 Likes

As long as it’s written well, and doesn’t become too confusing to follow, or become like a game of ping pong between characters, then I’d be fine with it.

4 Likes

Like how you said there isn’t multiple mc’s and stuff or maybe I’m just being dumb :skull::skull:

2 Likes

:joy: :joy: No not like ping pong between them at all ( love this comment btw)

2 Likes

Oh shit sorry I think I misread… and reapplied it wrong (lol weird) I thought you said multiply LI my mistake.

2 Likes

Yes, only on certain conditions. I hate when a story has multiple POVs, but the POV is just a different person experiencing the exact same thing. The story shouldn’t be one long scene repeated over and over, but rather multiple stories building off of each other!

2 Likes

It will have multiple POVs but their in difference scenes. So when one character is outside they will have a pov and at the same time in the next scene another character will have a pov. It is in another situation tho. And I don’t understand what you mean with “The story shouldn’t be one long scene repeated over and over, but rather multiple stories building off of each other!” sorry maybe I’m dumb

1 Like

Sorry if that was confusing! So I’ll give you an example of something you should avoid. Imagine there’s a major event in a story with multiple POVs. Wouldn’t it be boring if you were reading this story, and it was 20 pages of what character 1 saw, what character 2 saw, and what character 3 saw, even though they were all there at the exact same time? Even though you are seeing it through different “eyes”, it’s very repetetive to watch the same event over and over. Instead, it would be cooler to see what character 1 did before the event, what character 2 saw during the event, and what character 3 did after that event. This way, the story is moving forward!

2 Likes

Oh yeah I get what you mean and I don’t like that either, but that’s not what happens. You should see it as a story with people with their own lives in one story. These lives are connected and related, but only 1 of the three people really experiences it. Sometimes more when they are together in 1 scene. But the point is that they all have their own scenes. So one is at work with others and on the same day the other is with friends and those scenes kind of alternate.

2 Likes

Yeah, I would.

2 Likes

Oooh, then I would definitely love that!!!

2 Likes

:joy::joy: glad you understand now :heart::heart:

1 Like

I would!
I actually wrote a story like that last year, with 5 MCs, but I cancelled it because I didn’t really enjoy writing it. But I like stories that focus on a group of friends that each have their own story to tell.

2 Likes

They’re not exactly friends tho :sweat_smile: but I don’t wanna spoil to much lol for myself

1 Like

Technically most stories have more than one “MC,” but I think I understand what you’re trying to say and yes, I would read such a story. :thinking:

3 Likes

Someone I know has a story like that. Each character has their own role in the story. It’s like pass the baton. As soon as that MC is done, another MC carries on the story with their point of you if you get me. I found it really interesting

2 Likes

Yes exactly that’s what I mean😂

2 Likes

I have a story with two MC’s- you alternate between playing as a mother and her daughter. I use reader messages to be like “Now playing as ____” because in my story, each character has a different type of point system.
I think as long as it’s easy to follow, it’s fine!

1 Like

I think it is! Thanks for your comment :heart: