Would *you* read a story without character customization?

I don’t really care for character customization.

I totally agree. A lot of CC stories I’ve read have MCs getting drunk, and since that’s something I’m not into, it makes playing as ‘myself’ very awkward. Now I usually invent a character or use a character from one of my stories.

One of the stories I’ve read that gives you the option to play as the character the author created or to customize your own character is Sunset Boulevard. I decided to play as Raven, the character the author created.

On another note, I’m glad that not everyone cares for CC. While I don’t mind it as a reader, as an author, I really prefer writing and developing my own characters with specific looks and personality traits.

3 Likes

If you can’t customize any of the characters then the story had better be amazing and unique.

I actually love stories with no character customisation way more! Every character has their exact looks for a reason, it makes the story more real!

1 Like

I totally agree with you, I always hate playing as myself, so if I do read a story with CC, I tend to use a person who I create, because I hate having to be part of the story myself!

1 Like

Thank you for sharing your opinion. I agree. :blush:

1 Like

I prefer a story without CC. Even if the story is good, when I see CC, my attention in the story lessens for some reason…

3 Likes

Character customization should be an genre in itself almost. I don’t mind it, but you can really see a difference between a story with customization as a focus and one that’s written more like an original fiction.

If the story is good, I don’t need to make my own characters. In fact, the more I play, the less I wanna bother with CC. If the MC doesn’t act like me anyway, what’s the point?

2 Likes

I guess it all depends. I love CC but if the story is really good, i will still read it if it does not have CC…but prefer CC

1 Like

As an Episode reader, what do you think, is character customization attracting people? Do you like script more, when it allows you to create your own character, or it isn’t necessary?

I don’t care if there is character costumization or not, I only care if the story is appealing, well written and the direction is actually good and not a mess.
But most of the people seems to be attracted by stories with costumization and give less importance to those who don’t have.

1 Like

You can get more opinions on customisation in stories on my thread here-

1 Like

Thank you

Thanks

1 Like

No problem.

1 Like

I prefer none, but I don’t have a problem with ones that do have cc.

1 Like

Considering that my first story in Ink doesn’t have customization, I don’t really mind. Like you, the plot and storyline matters most. Plus, it takes a lot of time to code a customization template.

1 Like