Would you read a story without romance?

I’m writing a fantasy story for the R&R contest, and since it mainly focuses on the fantasy aspect of things, I don’t really feel like adding romance, and also because I personally never really feel any romantic feelings I feel I would make the story too romance-less…if that makes sense.

But since part of the contest depends on reader retention, I was wondering if anyone would even read it, or if I should add romance, but as a backseat thing.

3 Likes

Personally, Romance stories are my favourite genre but if your story is interesting I’d probably still read it and I’m sure others would too. Even though the market for non-romance stories is small, it still exists and it’s nice to have a different plot sometimes. :blob_sun: :blob_hearts:

3 Likes

I don’t like to read anything that doesn’t involve romance but your story will still appeal to someone try to gain future readers early on if you are worried about not involving romance.

1 Like

Yes, I’d read a story without romance if it still has some sort of drama/comedy and a theme (such as good vs evil or friendship.) I’d be happy to read your story if you want :wink: Just tell me your author name and title of the story.

for someone who’s not a huge fan of romance and I personally love fantasy. I would love to read this! Not all stories are about romance, you know? :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.