Would you read my story if it had no choices or CC?

So all my stories that i have been working on, adding choices and CC doesn’t ‘naturally’ come to me (i’m not sure if its supposed to or not). And i just don’t prefer adding them because i want the readers to relate to the MCs and I want them to play as the MC, not themselves. I prefer not to add choices because i’m not good with think of different ways the story could go and also because i plan the plot and i already have it set before i start actually making it. Please give me your honest opinion! :revolving_hearts:

5 Likes

I’m sure at this point in time every reader is fine with no CC as less authors plan on using it now! Choices on the other hand may cause a bit of disparity between you as an author and your readers; I understand you don’t want the readers to choose what’s best for them as an induvidual rather than your character but the whole point of Episode choose your story is just that.

My advice is to include smaller choices rather than the big - life changing ones. Such as:

Who do I want to talk to?
Should I call him/her back?
What should I eat?
What should I wear?

Hope this helped a little — PM me if you need any more help! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

If im being honest, adding choices is a bit complicated, i need to learn all of that. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Well I have the same oppiniun like JessicaJaleres well almost the same like I am not allowing my readers to choose how they look bc I have body overlays and it would rly suck smtimes that they wouldn’t have it… But other than that it’s fine without and with choices I normally even like the story’s with smaller choices

2 Likes

Learning the foundations of coding is all part of being an author on this platform! You need to do alot of trial and error before ruling out choices in your stories for good! :heart:

There are tons of threads, videos and people that can help you improve as a writer!

2 Likes

i will check it out!

1 Like

same, tbh i prefer reading stories without CC or choices.

Sry if ask this but I am a little bit new CC means exactly whaaat??? :neutral_face::neutral_face::thinking:

1 Like

Customisable Characters!

1 Like

Omg this makes so much more sense now :joy:

2 Likes

episode is about makieing choices. if you dont wanna ad them sit down and write a book instead.

I get kinda disapointed in a story without choices. your choices dont have to be this big complicated ones there change the story

simple ones like. go left or right. kick him or punch him. is fine

4 Likes

i personally like cc, but it’s not a must. but episode is about making choices and i wouldn’t read story without choices. i suggest writing your story on wattpad and other apps for writing if you don’t want to have choices.

2 Likes

Personally I read a story with CC over a story without CC that’s personal preference of mine I do read stories without CC but the story has to be good to keep me reading.
Choices I’m not fussed but I’m happy with simple change MC clothes and hair once in a awhile.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’d probably put small choices with changing outfits or choosing what food you want to eat etc…

Or you could ask a coder to help you, if it is a bit complicated. If you don’t want a coder, watch the tutorials from Joseph evans on You Tube. He has some for LL and some for Ink

1 Like

I was planning to do that.

If I thought the plot was interesting enough, yeah, I would read it.

1 Like

i understand what you mean, its hard for me to come up with choices and then paths for those choices as well. and for the record, i have seen relatively popular stories with no choices outside of outfits and very minor things. so it can be done and people will want to read it if the story is appealing enough. but since episode is about choosing your story and so many people read for that, you should consider adding SOME type of choice to your story like outfits or replies to someone, these are very simple to code. or you could even do the point system and have bonus scenes unlocked if the reader has enough points, thats a cool way to have choices affect the story while also having a set storyline.

as for cc, some people prefer it but i think if people want to read your story they wont care if its cc or not. theres plenty of successful stories without cc!

1 Like

In my opinion CC and choices aren’t as important. I’m into how the story unfolds! So yes I would read your story without CC and choices!

1 Like

I prefer without CC. If a storyline is really good and I get so into the story I don’t even notice if there’s choices. Also, I’d rather there were no choices than pointless choices - as in choices that don’t affect the story and have only one line of dialogue in them. Choices don’t make or break a story, there’s so many other factors that go into making a good story. This is also a VISUAL app so I’d rather take good directing/overlays than choices.

2 Likes