Would you read something like Romeo and Juliet?

I have been bored recently and may have time to create a story. I have been thinking about plots and I love Romeo and Juliet. Some things would be different, but would you guys read something near the plot of forbidden love? If not, what would people read?

9 Likes

I love Romeo and Juliet. It’s a beautiful and tragic story for sure, but I’d love to read it (: Just make sure to change it so this doesn’t become an issue later on if you do make this (:

4 Likes

Thank you for your feedback!

4 Likes

I mean forbidden romances are not bad but Romeo and Juliet is a horrible example in my opinion.

4 Likes

I think people would read it. Austentacious by ER Gurney uses a similar idea and it is very popular!

2 Likes

Could you elaborate on why it is a horrible example?

1 Like

Oh yay! Thank you!

1 Like

Romeo and Juliet is a little overdone, but I definitely might read something like it if it had a twist to it or something else that makes it unique and different. Personally, though, that’s just me lol.

1 Like

Okayy. I think I know where you are coming from. I do have a question though. Would you mind helping me with some twists? I’m not the most creative person ever and have a hard time coming up with idea. I could credit you if you would also like. :))

1 Like

I like that topic as long as it’s original. Maybe don’t include the family (that’s cliche), sometimes romances are forbidden because of internal reasons

Idk if that makes sense, please let me know so I can explain myself

1 Like

Yeah, I think you should explain a little more :))

2 Likes

Examples:

1. MC doesn’t like committed relationships. This love is “forbid” because she promised herself to not fall in love.

2. MC prohibited herself to be with people who are related or close to her best friend’s ex. Why is that? because that would make things awkward between her friend, even tho this person is different.

3. MC doesn’t want to be with someone famous because she hates attention and values privacy a lot. So she can’t be with the famous LI because that goes against her values (so, it’s forbidden to her by herself).

1 Like

Ahh, that makes sense. I really like those ideas. I think I will steer to the first idea. Thank you so much!!!

2 Likes

Thank you!!! Let me know when you publish the story, I would like to read it

1 Like

I did it in drama a few years ago and I personally don’t like it tbh. If you or anyone else wants to like it then go ahead. But it is not as romantic as what people make it seem in my opinion. :woman_shrugging: Maybe it is just preference, I just can’t like it for some reason. I love romance but I can’t get behind it. But if you want to base your story of Romeo and Juliet then go do you. I am not going to stop you since it is your choice on how you perceive it but something just p*sses me off about it.

I am just not striving to be in a marriage with someone I hardly know I guess. I don’t think it would have lasted, relationships form over time no? I mean it is basically like frozen, Anna falls for an idiot she has only known for a few hours and accepts his proposal. She had no worldly knowledge, who knows who he was. He ended up turning on her what if Romeo had done the same. I mean she couldn’t have had much outside knowledge in a family like hers. And at least Anna was of age to get married but in current versions Julliet is 13 and no idea how old Romeo is. He probably knew more about things than she did because he was a son. In those times he would have been a soldier thing to his family and she something they can marry off. So she was naive which is not a bad thing at that age but he definitely wasn’t. I know she would have been married off anyway tho so I guess at least it was with someone she wanted it to be with.

Basically if they had both been older I would have liked it better. I as a romance reader just found it cringy.

Try making it be a slow burn not “I like her and I like him, let’s be together forever”. If you want an example of a (in my opinion) a bad forbidden romance read the featured version of Mafia’s fallen angel. It was cringy when I read it. And others have said add your own twist to it.

2 Likes

Okay! I sure will!

1 Like

Yeah, the age difference was very cringy. Would you read it if she didn’t like relationships, yet he tried to do anything for her. like saving her life and stuff, but she doesn’t want to trust or love someone again. then something happens, then she realizes he does love her. or do you have any other ideas?

I enjoy Romeo and Juliet, but I think it’s a bit overdone.
But, you sure can do something with a forbidden romance (I have a forbidden romance story too, lol)! You can include some unique elements, so people wouldn’t immediately think it’s going to be cliché.

Good luck with writing :blob_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.