Write your thoughts (it´s really important)

Heyo I like your art (it’s deffo better than my art in the past!) :two_hearts: :two_hearts:
But as an “artist” I love getting constructive critism, so I’ll give you some

Thoughts on your art <3 (I'm sorry if I sound rude :()
  • You used great colours but don’t be afraid to use more! (darker shades of purple, darker shades of the skin, etc)

• Add more depth to the hair and skin :thinking: It’ll look more “alive” and will show the deeper places in the skin/hair. I’d recommend using darker shades of the colour (at least 5-6 different shades of the skin-/haircolour + 2-3 different shades of the colour for the highlights)

• Using clean black and white is a big no-go! (I had to learn it the a hard way) For the eye-white use a pale yellow-white-ish or a pale red-white-ish (<- use a reference, you’ll see that it’s never a clean white). For the top I’d recommend an almost black-ish base color with lower saturation. But don’t use clear black for anything but the pupills or the outline (if you have one)

• Don’t be afraid to add more details to the top

• If you decide to erase the outline (what you did) make sure that we still recognize each body part

• If you decide to leave the outline, make sure that the outline looks clean! (straight lines, smooth lines)

• But I love the eyes, they look amazing!

• I like it how the picture looks “clean” :green_heart:

I know that this is A LOT to think about but this are just “tips” (aka constructive critism) and you don’t have to follow them! Also I don’t want to seem rude, I just know that people appreciate construcive critism :pleading_face::two_hearts:

If you ever want to pratice but are lazy to do the outlines you can check out my Outline Thread. You’ll find a link there that leads you to the outlines. Or you can go on instagram and search @epioutline. I regulary post outlines there!

Thoughts on the art shop/instagram
  • You should create an instagram account for sure! If you want it, go for it :two_hearts:

• About the art shop: Don’t make one alone. You can join other shops that are hiring! Making one alone is super stressing and time-taking. I’m speaking out of experience! If you decide to open one by yourself, make sure to limit the request number. Meaning you shouldn’t take too many requests at one time) :two_hearts: AGAIN: If you really want it, go for it!!

2 Likes