Writer Payments: Changes to the Qualifying Criteria

I know but spending 10-15 minutes just to get one gem per chapter can be annoying! And this process will take too long to get at least 10 gems.

3 Likes

Nope, tapping though the stories doesn’t take 10 minutes, it’s maybe 2-3 minutes of your life. Check it.

Authors spend 10-40 hours writing one episode for you to be read for free so consider it as a good way to pay them :woman_shrugging: either with your time or money. Or none of it, we don’t mind if someone skips supporting. But complaining about it is pretty disrespectful.

5 Likes

I am not complaining just telling the pov of new authors who wants to unlock payment!

Well I don’t want to talk about it any further!
Have a good day/night.

2 Likes

No, but you were referring to people being unable to afford them due to being teens etc, I’m just underlining the fact that the gem choices aren’t put into stories as the only way to have a good storyline, that there are workarounds and ways to provide a good story to both gem users, and non gem users.

2 Likes

I was referring to both sides. And of course I understand that it doesn’t affect the story line. But I remember the last update where gem choices are a must if you want your story to be ranked! The authors who want their story to be ranked will add gem choice but if not much people select it then it’s demotivating for them. Frequent updates and good story line plays a role too. But it’s not that most of them will always choose it!

As I said I don’t want to talk about it any further so I am just going to leave this topic here. Episode will do what they have to do.

Have a good day/night.

Sorry I’m so confused.
50k gems spent or used means the total number of gems all readers spent is 50k? or the total number of selected gem choices is 50k? or the total number of gems that I need to put in my stories is 50k? :dizzy_face:

50k gems need to be spent in your stories (all stories). That means for example people have to choose 3200 choices worth 15 gems. Or 10000 selected choices worth 5 gems etc. It looks very scary but if you have 100k reads it’s not that scary anymore.

1 Like

For example one chapter in my story has a gem choice worth 15 gems, if 2 people choose that gem choice, 30 gems will be spent so I only need 49970 gems spent to reach the goal?

2 Likes

I am not a writer but a reader on here. I feel sorry for those of you writers Who have been put in this position. I am a reader who used to purchase unlimited passes every month and since episode has taken unlimited passes away many people have left the platform. So this will be less reads for everybody as well. I have used my Gems that I have earned on authors stories. I am almost out of passes that I have saved up and will be uninstalling the app. Probably within the next couple days I won’t have it anymore. There are some people who haven’t used the app in a month due to these changes.

8 Likes

Yes, exactly!

1 Like

Thank you, it’s an honor to have your help!

Thanks this motivated me

so when this was announced I to be honest panicked a bit I was rather close with the reads number but far with gems - so it seemed essential to make it till the deadline. To my surprise, I actually jumped on 100K within few days and unlocked the payment section today.

And I have to say that my gems also jumped up… not to 50K but to 40K - so still pretty close.

So this is the info for all new small authors - it’s not so unreachable as it might look from the point where you are now. Just do not expect to get to this point in a month or so.

I published my first chapters 2 years ago and actually half of my reads I have now I have jained in last 2 months - the gains are not linear, and 2 months ago I was on 30K reads per 60 days-so only 2 months ago it looked like totally impossible to reach the payment section.

So don’t lose hope, if you now have just a few reads per day it might be thousands after a year. and the gems rise up with the reads - as it seems the more popular the story gets the more are people willing to spend gems - so now as a freshly being in the payment section, I must say 50K gems is not so impossible as it might look.

If you write a story that people love it will eventually find its light on the sun as mine did - even it for 90% of this 2 years never looked like I can make it to the top 10 in the fantasy genre fact it that a few days ago I was for half-day on 1 place :rofl: :sweat_smile: - so EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE just have the dedication and patience.

good luck to you all. :heart:

13 Likes

Congratulations on unlocking payments!

2 Likes

thak you :blush:

I agree!

1 Like

Absolutely spot on! And beautifully put. :ok_hand:t3::two_hearts:

You basically covered exactly what the rest of us have been trying to say, but you worded it much better than we could.

1 Like

Last month (February) it was 42% for me.
This month, weighing up the reads vs gems in these first three days of March it’s at around 36%.

But the ratio clearly doesn’t help towards the 100K reads and 50K gems in 60 days. Which was proven a few months ago when the gems spent on my story was at 49% in comparison to the reads.

1 Like

Thank you so much sweetness!!! I’m just trying to express what majority of the people ( including myself ) are trying to say and put a tangible perspective on our feelings!!!

2 Likes

no but is not unreachable with 40% ratio it is still esier to make 50k gems than 500 reads.

So yeas the limit for gems is bit harder to reach but its not impossible as many have said.

With 40% you can make it to payment section with 125 000 reads instead of 100 000 after the change.