Writer Payments: Changes to the Qualifying Criteria

if you have read the article about how episode pick up the stories to buy - first criteria is “how many readers who see it starts to read it” - the “adoption”

• so it basily means if I understand it right that they want to buy stories only liked by broad audience - the main stream stories - as I have written above.

Stable specific fanbase might help to keep trending but it if you will have low “adoption” number it will most likely be not interesting for Episode to buy the story if I get the article right.

2 Likes

Very true. So getting back to the topic in hand, I saw you unlocked payments, congratulations :blush:

2 Likes

Chances might decrease but you never know if you are able to get new people to join Episode app.

Tougher route.

its in the general question of the market - artists and authors might want to be paid but it will work only in case somebody else is willing to buy their product.

If a bad art artist makes paid shop its absolutely his right, but it will not guarantee him he will ever sell anything. :woman_shrugging: People are simply willing to pay usually only for a certain quality. Which applyes to everything not only for stories or art.

2 Likes

Goals and intention matter. If I set a goal then I am likely to achieve it.

If I don’t have the goal to be paid then I will not be paid.

Just like if I don’t want to work at something, I am not going to get better at it. It is about goals. Just that simple.

If I treat something like a hobby, volunteer, I am not going to take it seriously.

Thank you! :smiley:
I am glad I made it before the gem limit change tho… :smiley:
And I can also confirm its more like pocket money - lol I counted it and I would need 15x more reads/gems per month to get to the same sellary I have in my job…and I am from country with lower how is it called in english… the money you need for living… then USA.

If it will stay so It will make in a year money just right for some nice vacation.

2 Likes

You mean Income?

You’re welcome, it’s a great achievement. And from what I’ve seen, a lot more gems are being spent so hopefully with your writer payments, you’ll get that nice vacation :joy::tropical_drink:

well, we all are different I guess which is totally OK - I write because I love writing but I have a good paid job so I never even thought about switching my profession so money was never my motivation.

I of course wanted my stories to be popular but I was happy for my small pool of fans yeat I was not really carving for payment section - I have seen it more like some milestone - if I will reach it is objectively confirmation that I can write (cough cough :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:)

1 Like

Absolutely to each its own.

My career as an artist is that is not cool to be starving and giving away your work for free.

I teach my students that as well. Your efforts are worth something. I tell them to find their niche, and go full blast on it. Set realistic prices and run your business.

Don’t fart around and take your efforts serious whatever you do.

no income is what you get but I mean what you need to pay…

like the cost for living are higher in some countries you need to pay more for rent for food atc…

so if you have 100 dollars you can buy more or less things based in which country you are.

There are places people can live one day for 1 dollar (usually some 3 world countries) - there would be the episode income huge, for me it makes one vacation per year but for somebody living in NY it might be what he spends per taxi in one day (just theoretically I have no idea what cost taxi in NY). :rofl:

1 Like

Ohhh gotcha! :joy::joy: (apologies, sleep deprived brain here lol)

Can’t help on the NY taxi thing, that’s a bit far from my dwelling :rofl::rofl:
But payments are payments, and it’s always nice to have reached a bar, so great work. :blush:

definitly - for me its come confirmation that objectively episode sees my work as worth to give me a share on what they make on my story. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

damn… my writing suck…sorry I have dysortographia and I don’t see that garbage I write instead of words sometimes. :smiley: And that’s why I depend on proofreads. :crazy_face: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :rofl:

1 Like

It doesn’t change much to know the numbers if you don’t have an offer from episode in the first place. Just knowing that episode pays 1000, 5000, 10000 dollars for a purchased story doesn’t make your following/readers base any bigger or your stories more read.

But if it makes you feel comfortable, after unlocking payments you have around $1.5 per 1000 reads. Now you can decide if it can make your living :wink:

6 Likes

You are awesome. Thank you for responding.

Nothing wrong with small pay as long as there is a reward for your efforts. :blush:

Btw do you have an Instagram?

1 Like

@maree_a_spoon. Thank you Alex :heart:

1 Like

Maree…
There literally are no “hard numbers” for when episode decides to approach an author to purchase their story. There is no “goal” to meet like the writer payment program unlock requirements for this.

Aluza took care of me. Thank you saying there’s isn’t any criteria besides the writers payment. It’s pretty clear with the repeated vague responses from certain people :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Hi, there! Hope this helps clear any confusion. :sparkling_heart: :sparkles:

1. Story Purchase
The numbers vary from author to author. Episode just purchases what they want/think will be profitable as a featured story, so there’s no set amount/benchmark for getting a story purchased (some have sold at under 500K, other have sold at over 1M). I’m not sure how much they pay to buy a story, but I think that number also varies!

2. Payment Program
There are set requirements for getting into the payment program. (1) 500K chapter reads in the last 60 days or (2) 100K gem chapter reads + 300 gem choice selections (before May 1st) or 50K gems spent (after May 1st) in the last 60 days.

3. Contracted Employee
Anyone can apply to be an official writer/director. They often share their job listings on their Instagram story, so follow episodecreators and keep an eye out if that’s something you want to do. You have to fill out the application and go through the interview process like with any other job. Employees work on Episode Official/featured stories. If they’re also community authors, they’re not paid for their community stories as part of their contract (they’re only paid for community stories if they’re in the payment program).

These three categories are separate from/independent of each other, but an author can attain all three (have a story purchased, unlock writer payments, and get hired as an official writer/director).

5 Likes