Writer Payments: Changes to the Qualifying Criteria

Hi, there! Hope this helps clear any confusion. :sparkling_heart: :sparkles:

1. Story Purchase
The numbers vary from author to author. Episode just purchases what they want/think will be profitable as a featured story, so there’s no set amount/benchmark for getting a story purchased (some have sold at under 500K, other have sold at over 1M). I’m not sure how much they pay to buy a story, but I think that number also varies!

2. Payment Program
There are set requirements for getting into the payment program. (1) 500K chapter reads in the last 60 days or (2) 100K gem chapter reads + 300 gem choice selections (before May 1st) or 50K gems spent (after May 1st) in the last 60 days.

3. Contracted Employee
Anyone can apply to be an official writer/director. They often share their job listings on their Instagram story, so follow episodecreators and keep an eye out if that’s something you want to do. You have to fill out the application and go through the interview process like with any other job. Employees work on Episode Official/featured stories. If they’re also community authors, they’re not paid for their community stories as part of their contract (they’re only paid for community stories if they’re in the payment program).

These three categories are separate from/independent of each other, but an author can attain all three (have a story purchased, unlock writer payments, and get hired as an official writer/director).

5 Likes

Hi

How are you?

There wasn’t any confusion on my end at least about obtaining hard numbers and discussing criteria to receive payment on Episode :relaxed:. I had to unfortunately deal with a hobby enthusiast trying to force their opinion on me like I am not a professional artist in real life. Luckily, Aluza was the only one that provided hard numbers for me and possibly other small, interested writers, numbers that are not available on the forum or Writer’s Portal. Her response will help me at least set realistic goals.

1 and 2 were in some form repeated constantly towards my hard numbers questions in a more vague or disrespectful manner.

Thank you for providing 3. This is very insightful.

3 Likes

Has anyone seen the updated requirements? because mine still says 300 gems spent 100000 gem chapter reads.

same :thinking:

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I am assuming people think that if the criteria isn’t changed on the writers portal it doesn’t apply yet, which is stupid, just because the portal isn’t updated doesn’t mean the back end isn’t updated, if episode expects that criteria no matter what the portal says that is the criteria the writers need to adhere to as well as expect to reach.
I am not a paid writer, I am not even close, but ignorance isn’t going to make it’s existence disappear.

1 Like

And I don’t think someone mentioning it is going to suddenly make Episode finally remember what they have been planning for months to implement.
No one on the Episode back is going to be like “D*mn we forgot to up the reads/gem spent requirements…”
We should do that now.
LOL OMG people are silly :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

This is so off putting for writing honeslty, I myself am a fairly new writer. My stroy is almost at 11k reads, and there’s like 200 gems that have been spent. I am nowhere near payment level and it’s quite sad because I spend so much time writing and do not get paid for it.