Writer Payments - Every read does NOT count

No, the ink version was never removed strangely since they’re Exactly the same but the ink one actually has more chapters.
It was only under suspension for a short while.
But both have been cleared and put back in the ranks now :woman_shrugging:t2:

So could that 12k reads relate solely to the INK version?
I’m just wondering if the reads from the LL version aren’t being added on at all- so that total is just for INK?
But it was suspended and not banned? Because then that doesn’t make sense lol (as you should still gain reads while you’re suspended from the ranks I believe?) If it was banned, I’d be replying to their ticket and asking if they could check up on that particular story as maybe the reads aren’t being added to your total.

Yeah so the LL version was actually REMOVED from the app completely, without giving me time to fix it.
That reviewer was actually giving me heaps of problems several times, and I have now found out she is no longer with Episode. (Wonder why :roll_eyes:…)
Anywho, the ink version however, was reviewed and treated the way it should be.
It was suspended, not banned, until I fixed it according to the new guidelines.

It really doesn’t make any sense.
Because if they state that all reads are counted, all reads should be counted. Not just on one version of the story.
And I really don’t understand their response.
Maybe She didn’t understand the ticket like you said, still waiting to hear back from her again.
But if they secretly don’t count all reads, even though stating that they do, that is definitely not okay.
Bait and switch…

The response sounds like they thought you already were in payments. (Since in payments, your reads gained each much can change after the team reviews them.)

It honestly seems like they may have put your LL story back on the app and ranks but something glitched or messed up and those reads aren’t being counted towards your total? That’s why I think the 12k reads you’re showing in the payment section are possibly only for the INK version.

Must be something like that.
I will try and be clearer this time if possible, since I clearly stated my case the first time.
Sometimes I wonder if they actually even read the tickets tho.
More often than not, I get the answer to a entirely different question than the one I asked… :woman_facepalming:t2:

You’re not alone :upside_down_face:. Usually every issue I have, I’m told to check my wifi and clear my cache :rofl:

1 Like

:woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2::expressionless::joy:

Oh, and thanks for your help clearing this up!
Now, Maybe I will be able to suggest a solution to THEM… :roll_eyes:

Hey Amber! Am I glad to join the conspiracy party, heh! :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing: I have been hanging outside the door for too long.

About the number reads, yeah I have some issues with that previously but like you know, I was referring to the gem choices last time. I remembered that I do have quite a few people saying that they chose the gem choices but it doesn’t reflect on the payment page. Anyway, seems like the “number of gem choices” are no longer appearing in the payment page? :woman_shrugging: I didn’t notice about whether each read is being accounted for though, mainly because i don’t get any reads nowadays, BOO. :pleading_face:

I tried emailing Episode last week about some embarrassing issues but they didn’t reply me (yet). :see_no_evil: They are probably like shoo Ruby Shoo

3 Likes

What embarrassing issue? Also, do you remember the time when people said their gem choices weren’t being accounted for?

Here’s what I got back this time.
Just the exact same answer again.
Have both these reviewers misunderstood what this is about? Or are they saying that It’s actually right that my LL reads aren’t being counted at all…?

”As explained by Lisa, the reason for this discrepancy between the numbers you are seeing is because it only counts reads that contribute to the overall revenue pool, which may be a lessor number than the total reads you see on your script page.

Again, we recognize that this is confusing and are looking at the situation now to see how we can more clearly communicate with authors about this. Sorry for any trouble this may have caused.”

I don’t know how many chapters you have, but would it be worth it (as annoying as this would be, especially with the review process), to move the story to a whole new book?
It really does sound like the LL story isn’t calculating reads. I think when a story gets banned, it loses it’s earning potential and I think (although I’m not certain), that reads gained prior to it being banned are removed from your payment total and maybe your reads (to qualify)?

What are the reasons that my story might be excluded and how will I be notified?
There may be a variety of reasons that a story gets excluded, like inappropriate content or if it’s part of a previous agreement you have had with Episode.

There are 17 chapters and I’ve passed 113 000 reads now, so doesn’t feel right to have to start the story back from scratch.

They’ve cleared it, It’s been approved, so it doesn’t make any sense for the reads that have happened AFTER that to not get counted…
This must be something they could fix, you’d think. If only they understand the problem.

I’ve replied again and tried to explain further, saying there may have been a misunderstanding and asked if they understand what I mean… :roll_eyes:
If not, I’ve asked to speak to the superviser, Arlene.

I mean, it must be a glitch, so you’d think it’d be fixeable.

Oh I agree, I just wonder if it’s a switch or a setting or something that they haven’t turned back on after they put the story back. It looks like none of your LL reads are recording so I’d personally just keep taking screenshots like what you have above (maybe do your INK story too? Then you’ll know for sure if that’s the only one being recorded?) so you can show them more? Track the reads daily in a spreadsheet too? (e.g Amount showing in portal for LL, INK and also on the payment screen)
Good luck.

2 Likes

Yes I’m definitely doing this!
Today the read count for the payment section isn’t even as high as the new reads for the ink version.
There must be something wrong, because if they counted this little reads on everyone’s stories, nobody would get payed.
Maybe It’s their new way of not having to pay authors anymore.

1 Like

Well, Amberose was right with that- the variance in reads from one day to the next won’t necessarily equal the reads you gained. Each day, you will lose the reads you gained on that story 61 days ago if that makes sense. If you gained more reads 61 days ago than you did yesterday, the total reads will decrease.

Since they opened up the gem option to qualify, I believe quite a few people have qualified so I doubt that. :woman_shrugging:t4:

2 Likes

Oh :sweat_smile: Most of my stories are still not in ranking so I asked them. The embarrassing part being I always think like “nah they are probably busy so I shouldn’t bother them” but then my patience is running low. :cry: Hmmm I don’t quite remember as I haven’t been following up with Episode lately. :see_no_evil: