Writer payments sign up bug, error 500

So, I unlocked the writer payments on Saturday, and have since tried signing up multiple times a day, from different devices, but I keep getting a server error.

I’ve seen a couple of threads on here with people having the same problem, but I can’t seem to find a solution.

So, I was wondering if I might be lucky that someone reading this have faced it and found the solution.

I have tried from multiple devices. I have cleared my cache, I have logged in from an incognito window (to get rid of browser extensions) I have tried; chrome, safari and edge.

When I sign up I am only asked to give my name and say that I’m over 18, then they ask to accept the terms and then I get to click a button that gives me the error.

I initially made my episode account with an apple private id (just giving all the facts that may be relevant)

If you are having this problem or had it and fixed it, please let me know.

2 Likes

Try asking @Sydney_H

1 Like

I’m sorry, I don’t actually know how to fix the problem. But since you mentioned “error 500” in your title, maybe I can give some insight as to what the error code means. And maybe a reason as to why it occurred.

From what I’ve read, the error code 500 pretty much means that there’s an internal error with the server itself. Hence its name, “500 Internal Server Error”. It means there may be a temporary glitch in the website’s programming, preventing you from accessing the website in question. Most of the time it tends to be the website itself. But there can be some cases where the problem is on the user’s end.

The only thing I can recommend doing is (1) refreshing the page, (2) coming back to the site at another time, or (3) deleting your caches, browser history and/or cookies. These are things you’ve already done. You could also submit a ticket to the support team letting them know there’s an error 500 that keeps persisting. Since you mentioned this happening to a lot of other people, the website’s administrator is probably aware of this.

Just to clarify, I don’t think the problem is coming from your end, but the site itself. And since it’s happening to multiple people, this may be something the website administrator will have to fix.

I’m sure you’ve already searched online what the error code means. But in case you haven’t, I’ve listed some websites that talk more about the error code, and how to make sure the error isn’t coming from your end.

Also, this could be helpful for people who are getting the 504 error.

2 Likes

Thank you for taking the time to research and give me all of this information, I appreciate it :hugs: :blob_hearts:

I have submitted a ticket, but unfortunately, we keep misunderstanding each other, and I get replies back with solutions I have already tried.

This is why I’m hoping that someone else, who has been through this, found a solution :crossed_fingers:

Bump :crossed_fingers:

One of my friends had the same problem, @ColemanS, pretty sure she finally managed to sign herself up by using a different webbrowser. Not sure which one, but it might have been firefox? I am not sure, she might reply now that I’ve tagged her.

2 Likes

Omg! That actually worked! You are my hero :heart: Thank you so much for letting me know - I’ve been going out of my mind :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

I am glad it worked! && congrats getting into the payment program. :white_heart:

1 Like

Thank you so much! :heart:

Congratulations!! Yes same thing happened to me! Firefox is the only solution :joy::heart:

1 Like

Thank you! :heart: I thought I had tried everything, so to finally get in :pleading_face: - almost cried :see_no_evil:

1 Like

I even filled a support ticket back then and I swear!!! They didn’t even response and when I sent ‘it’s fixed, thank you’ they immediately responded back ‘We’re glad that it’s solved’ :joy::joy::joy::sob:

3 Likes

Yeah, the wait times on support tickets are no fun, I haven’t heard back on the one I sent in yet either :sleepy: I’m just happy that someone knew how to fix it :raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands:

1 Like