Writer Portal Previewer/Story Previewer Update: Directing Helpers

The one time I’m actually inspired and I can’t write because the portal is broken :sob:

Hi All!

If you’ve experienced any issues that have prevented you from writing, please DM me or file a support ticket. Our team is currently investigating, and any new information helps!

Thanks!!!

9 Likes

I knew this update would be a mess… :disappointed: :disappointed: :disappointed:

3 Likes

Wow, this update was a disaster… While I appreciate the sentiment, it makes copying coordinates even harder. It does not copy the correct coding on the writer portal so it kind of defeats the point of the update…

2 Likes

ok, so i checked the copy button, its now working for me.

7 Likes

Hey All!

Thank you so much for your help in reporting issues with this tool! While our team is still hard at work, I am happy to say we have fixed the issue with the copy tool many of you pointed out. The copy tool will now accurately copy what is represented in the box above it.

I’ll continue to update you as we make more progress!

23 Likes

Awesome! Thanks (to you and the team) for fixing it. The layers tool helps a lot! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hey, Melani! I like the previewer, but my laptop is overheating, when I use it. But laptop is new, it can easily handle working in Final Cut with complicated editing, however, Writer’s Portal seems challenging for it >__<

4 Likes

keep your laptop on an object, and maybe have a fan in front of it to cool it off, or have ac in your room or where ever you are. Im doing the same my laptop over heats as well but the portal, its fine with mine.

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue, it keeps giving me that “this page is using significant energy” alert too often as well.

2 Likes

showing on the preview?

of course I’m doing it. It helps, but it doesn’t solve the problem in the first place

1 Like

Yeah, my battery is loosing bars pretty fast as well

2 Likes

It’s showing up whenever I open the portal, and even if I use it for a very small amount of time.
And this wasn’t happening before, so I don’t know what the issue is.

1 Like

what kind of laptops yall have, just keep it on the charger. :thinking:

unless its a bug, well @Melani3 another issue.

1 Like

Yeah I wasn’t sure if it was related to this, but since a couple of us are facing it, maybe it is?

2 Likes

macbook pro 2018

Yeah, but again, that doesn’t solve the problem in the first place. That’s just some actions to minimize the effect. Not preventing it

2 Likes

hm, I have hp, so I guess maybe it is a bug. :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: well just support a ticket as @Melani3 said, they’ll solve the issue.

4 Likes

Mine’s the MacBook Air. I’m submitting a support ticket now as well.
I’ll share it with you, in case I get a response first. :smile:

3 Likes