Writer Portal Previewer/Story Previewer Update: Directing Helpers

This is an ultimate blessing :cry: I love this so much

@Melani3 there is a small error on the writing portal. (PC/Laptop). The longer I write that double font showing up.

I can ignore it tho, but I just want to let you know.

Thank you.

3 Likes

1130 notifications?!

7 Likes

I’d like to say thank you for this, but I’m not. Thanks to this new update now I can’t write anything.I can’t move any characters and I keep getting an error.

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy: I’m just lazy too check it :rofl:

1 Like

I edited the zoom/camera and when i clicked copy it kept copying the character placement and not the zoom :frowning:

2 Likes

highlight the zoom code on the box then copy and paste to your script, hopefully the button problem will be solved soon.

2 Likes

yeah thats what ive been doing. it’s just an inconvenience

4 Likes

ikr.

1 Like

I think the idea of an updated portal was a nice thing. But, when you try to make things ‘easy’ it becomes an inconvenience.

9 Likes

Dear Lord

This update is INCREDIBLY broken. I’ve been using the portal for a few hours and have run into issues with the previewer. There’s no issues with my lines/coding and I have no errors.

I had 3 characters walk on screen:

@YOUNG RYLAND walks to spot 0.659 75 127 in zone 1 in 2 AND YOUNG RYLAND faces left AND YOUNG RYLAND does it while walk_neutral_rear
@YOUNG NORA walks to spot 0.641 140 133 in zone 1 in 2 AND YOUNG NORA faces left AND YOUNG NORA does it while walk_neutral_rear
@YOUNG CLAIRE walks to spot 0.641 103 128 in zone 1 in 2 AND YOUNG CLAIRE faces left AND YOUNG CLAIRE does it while walk_neutral_rear
@pause for a beat
&YOUNG CLAIRE faces left
&YOUNG NORA faces left
&YOUNG RYLAND faces left
&YOUNG CLAIRE is idle_rear
&YOUNG NORA is idle_rear
@YOUNG RYLAND is idle_rear

Claire and Nora walk in the screen fine but Ryland just won’t show up. I thought maybe I got the spotting off so I went to the tool and found the guide box in the correct location but the character was missing. Then the Previewer froze up when I tried to move the guide box aka Ryland. The portal literally crashed and I got Error 11.

I restarted Chrome and cleared my cache and everything. I relaunched the episode portal and DEAR LORD.
The same issue happened where Claire and Nora walked on screen and Ryland didn’t show up. BUT… I can’t explain so here’s a picture.

(Caution, nakedness.)

They were naked and headless. My portal is completely broken and I can’t do anything no matter how many times I restart it. I literally can’t work on my story and it’s not functioning.

This is SO broken. I’ve done everything I could on my end so I assume it has something to do with the portal.

I’m using a 2019 MacbookPro
I’ve never had this issue before.

@Melani3

5 Likes

Thank you guys! So excited, about to try it out right now :blue_heart:

The one time I’m actually inspired and I can’t write because the portal is broken :sob:

Hi All!

If you’ve experienced any issues that have prevented you from writing, please DM me or file a support ticket. Our team is currently investigating, and any new information helps!

Thanks!!!

9 Likes

I knew this update would be a mess… :disappointed: :disappointed: :disappointed:

3 Likes

Wow, this update was a disaster… While I appreciate the sentiment, it makes copying coordinates even harder. It does not copy the correct coding on the writer portal so it kind of defeats the point of the update…

2 Likes

ok, so i checked the copy button, its now working for me.

7 Likes

Hey All!

Thank you so much for your help in reporting issues with this tool! While our team is still hard at work, I am happy to say we have fixed the issue with the copy tool many of you pointed out. The copy tool will now accurately copy what is represented in the box above it.

I’ll continue to update you as we make more progress!

23 Likes

Awesome! Thanks (to you and the team) for fixing it. The layers tool helps a lot! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hey, Melani! I like the previewer, but my laptop is overheating, when I use it. But laptop is new, it can easily handle working in Final Cut with complicated editing, however, Writer’s Portal seems challenging for it >__<

4 Likes