Writer Portal Previewer/Story Previewer Update: Directing Helpers

@Melani3 one of small bugs

Thank you.

I am also having a problem with overlays, but I can’t see them at all now. Also backgrounds are just black((

Yes, I face the same too.(some of overlay). But after refesh again. It’s work. Then want to tried again it going to black again.

1 Like

I have same issue with this when I’m using Apple brand (Ipad).

I am having trouble using Spot Directing though. Whenever I click on it, the previewer always freezes up. :disappointed_relieved: Is anyone else having this problem?

But when I’m using my laptop (lenovo) it’s less problem. Only Double font pop up everytime I preview.

@Melani3 I think using a different type of laptop brand also is one of the issue. (I think)

Is uhhh everyone getting the naked glitches too when previewing?

1 Like

not me, I’m using lenovo.

1 Like

hm, i guess it depends on the type of device your using. hm

Am I the only one without any glitches rn? :thinking:

1 Like

70% of my characters are disappearing when I preview for the first time, so idk
It’s just gives me a headache /:

me

3 Likes

:joy:

1 Like

Ok, tbh I think everything should go back. Bring back the old tools again and check on the new tools again for glitches and error then update us with a full restore release. Lol IM GLITCHING!!!

:joy: :disappointed_relieved:

3 Likes

Hello!
I’m not too sure how common this problem might be but my helpers look entirely different.

I’m not able to find an overlays helper either.
If anyone could explain or help, that would be great!
Thanks! :heartbeat:

never mind! i found the overlays helper :relaxed:

when yr on camera, and u focus on the characters but disappear…

i’m the only one to not having any glitches at all?

Yeah, so, this whole thing just threw my overlays out of wack. A have a crap ton of fading overlays and they no longer fade, but instead play out the entire animation before just disappearing abruptly.

It looks like it’s struggling to do the fade commands because at times it remains darker than usual (when fading in) and/or brighter than usual (when fading out). But it never does it correctly.

And the overlay’s look also appears altered because how fast the animations are moving and it not being able to catch up. The finer details of some of my overlay’s aren’t showing so it looks like a skeleton of how it’s supposed to look.

Plays fine on my computer, not on my phone previewer though. My phone’s previewer doesn’t acknowledge the overlays I create at all anymore so they don’t show up under the ‘change overlay’ tab and they don’t appear.

It ain’t a problem with my phone either because this wasn’t happening before this update and I’ve exhausted everything to try and fix it myself.

11 Likes

All this is also happening to me as well. :weary::weary::weary:

1 Like

I’m now finally testing out the thing. Really appreciate how the Device Guidebox thing is a part on the left where anyone can see, because I use it a lot. But I’m curious about one thing. There is a thing that says More Helpers, and when I click on it HSL Filters is the only button which comes down. Wouldn’t it be easier to just have HSL out with the rest of the helpers from the get go without the extra step of the More Helpers button?

6 Likes

Something else I’ve now discovered. When I add new overlays to a scene, it doesn’t show up at all unless I start the preview from the line I created it. Which is ridiculous.

7 Likes

I think someone already complained about this, but I can’t find the comment. I haven’t tested everything out because I don’t want to get stressed. But,

The whole black-screen background thing is infuriating. Especially since I don’t have any errors and all my stuff have been approved. So, when the portal loads I have to see my characters naked floating in front of a black-screen. To get rid of this, I have to preview again which then it pops up. However, it seems like the portal is loading slower than before.

I already said this, updating the portal was a nice thing especially for those who wanted easy. But, I got accustomed to the old portal, and I didn’t have to worry about continuous errors.

I think instead of trying to rush the process. This update should have been pushed back longer to make sure all the kinks and errors were gone.

14 Likes

I think us using this thing is a bit of a beta, but this should have been implemented to a small group of authors before the rest of us got it

4 Likes