Writer Question! Outfit memory?

Quick question for a new writer, I’ve been learning everything I can for coding and have been awkwardly watching over forums getting a feel for what goes on around here and I’m currently working on a story like everyone else but I have a question regarding coding.

Say a certain character has the opportunity to change their outfit and for the beginning of that scene they are wearing it (great!)

But during the scene there is a flash back where this forces the character into a flashback outfit. Like a different outfit specific to the memory scene then once the flash back is over how do u make sure that the outfit they chose appears when you go back to present times?

Is this a dumb question to ask? Sorry. I really wasn’t sure were to start or who to ask

2 Likes

use this!

2 Likes

During the flashback scene instead of using changes into command use the previews command, or you could use gains.

2 Likes

THANK YOU BOTH OF U SO MUCH! @EtherealWitch and @May.I.Write

3 Likes

I’ve got a suggestion that works as well. When remembering outfit choices across episodes I like to use the point system!
Choice 1 CHAROUTFIT1 (CHAR = character name, OUTFIT represents that an outfit is being remembered, and 1 represents the episode number or the outfit number you’re remembering if you want to have multiple an episode) = 1, choice 2 CHAROUTFIT1 = 2, and so on.

When you want to remember that, just do…
if (CHAROUTFIT1 =1){
@char changes into outfit 1
} elif (…)

Full example:
NARRATOR
What outfit would you like to wear?
choice
“Outfit1”{
@CHAROUTFIT1 =1
@CHAR changes into outfit1
} “Outfit2”{
@CHAROUTFIT1 =2
@CHAR changes into outfit2
} “Outfit 3”{
@CHAR changes into outfit3
@CHARACTER1 =3
}

Later…

if (CHAROUTFIT1 =1){
@CHAR changes into outfit1
} elif (CHAROUTFIT1 =2){
@CHAR changes into outfit2
} elif (CHAROUTFIT1 =3){
@CHAR changes into outfit3
}

Hope this makes sense <3

2 Likes

You could also make a duplicate character wearing the flashback outfit using @DUPLICATE becomes CHARACTER
Edit: you’d have to make a separate character with the same body type (generic female, plus female, generic male) for that to work

1 Like