Writers Block Help Thread

Here if you have ANY problems coming up with the next part of your story or a writer’s block moment, you can ask for help! Just drop below what you need and let the community help!

RULES:
Be respectful
Don’t copy others ideas!
DO NOT promote your story here, this is for help ONLY, if someone wants to read your story it’s fine to give the link, however, DO NOT post a promo for your story!
Follow requirements. If someone says “I don’t want my story to involve XYZ and to involve ABC,” make sure not to go against what the author wants in THEIR story!
Make sure your suggestion keeps to guidelines.
Don’t share other things like art, overlays, backgrounds. Do that via PM.

GO FORTH MY BUTTERFLIES! ASK AWAY!!!

7 Likes

Not dealing with writer’s block right now but this thread is an awesome idea! :smile:

2 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

I am having writers block, just stopped writing for a bit, so I guess I’m just still planning for now. Awesome thread. :wink:

1 Like

If you ever need help, feel free to ask :hugs:

1 Like

thanks! :blush:

1 Like

Aww thank you gods this thread :heart: I actually have writers block right now too :joy: I need help with how to start my story but I don’t want it to be cliche by having their morning routine :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hello

I need help with coding my first story. I’m a newbie.

1 Like

If it is an action story you can try starting it right in the action then having a rewind. Grasps peoples attention in the first few moments.
If it is a comedy you can start the story with dialogue between characters, bring in comedy immediately.
If it is romance you could try starting it in a dream, where the mc is getting it on with an attractive man/woman and then have them wake up just as it gets a bit outside of PG13, have them blame it on a book they are reading. Then you can have them freak out and panic and run around the room while they commentate saying they are running late, they have to be somewhere, etc. Then you can jump right into it.
If it is a drama story you can start with dramatic dialogue. Perhaps an argument between two characters or maybe a break up? Then the screen can fade to the consequence of the dialogue. Gives the characters a feeling of humanity.
If it is mystery or thriller you can just jump right into it. Gives the feeling of urgency.

1 Like

This isn’t really what this thread is for, sorry. But if you need help urgently feel free to pm me. Or you can go to this thread:

1 Like

ooo these are good thank you so much definitely might work something with the romance and comedy idea ! :innocent::heart:

1 Like

Thanks miss Barbie

1 Like

Happy to help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.