Writer's Block! (lol)

Okay, so recently, I’ve been brainstorming some ideas and I want my next story to be about a group of 5 girl best friends. But I’m having a serious case of writer’s block and it has been hard to come up with something creative. I want them to be seniors in high school, and it’ll be their last few months together before going their separate ways. But I’m having a hard time coming up with a smooth plot line and some conflict that will keep the story going. I don’t want it to be too cliche and I’d like to have some drama & romance in it as well, just something different. Any ideas :thinking: ???

3 Likes

I suggest that you should watch movies like that! If you have Netflix, you should watch it, it can bring you many ideas for your story!

1 Like

I suggest you figure out every single girl’s personality (if you haven’t already). Figure out what they like, what they’re afraid of, what subjects they enjoy, do they like sports?, what’s their favorite color?, do they enjoy sunny or rainy weather?

Usually, if you have every character’s personality/tastes/beliefs figured out, conflict and major plot points will come naturally :smile:

3 Likes

That’s actually what I was thinking about doing earlier, thank you for the suggestion!

2 Likes

Yw!

1 Like

Why is it that I planned a scene of your story in my head? :joy:

1 Like

This is a really good idea, I don’t know why I didn’t think of that before! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I do that all the time :joy:

1 Like

maybe you could include a crisis starting in their town/country or even worldwide. some examples are a disease outbreak, mysterious murders/disappearance, government corruption, inhumane experiments, chemical explosion, biotech lab spilling, etc. you can use the situation either as something that’ll bring them together or separate them. romance & drama can be developed very easily since a main issue is set! the girls could meet & team up with other people from various cultures & ethnics while trying to survive. from there, love interests & conflicts can be eventually made.

2 Likes

That’s a really good idea

I saw an article about this online. Take the Myers Briggs test from each of your character’s point of view, and then read the descriptions. It really gives you a good idea of who your characters are!

1 Like

That’s if you’re having trouble thinking of a plot that fits your character’s personalities.

1 Like

Listen to indie songs. Those help.