Writer's block! Someone who has any tips?

Hey! I have writers block anyone with some tips that can help?

1 Like
  • First of all, never stress yourself out when you have writer’s block.

• If you need to, take a break from writing and do something you enjoy.

• If you don’t want to take a break, find some inspiration.

Inspiration is everywhere.

• Observe people - their reactions, conversations etc.
  • Movies
  • Books
  • Prompts
  • Art
  • Etc.
7 Likes

Thank you for the suggestion! It helped a lot!!! :grin:

I’d also like to add dont be afraid to scrap a story and start over again. There’s no shame in wanting to create the best possible version of your story, and sometimes the current one just isn’t cutting it.

6 Likes

Thanks, very inspiring!! :grin: :slightly_smiling_face:

You have brought this to my attention, I know exactly how you feel.
I used to write poetries but somehow writer’s block and procrastination came in the way.
Suggest we should both look for inspirations from films, books, songs etc.

3 Likes

Yeah, i agree!!

1 Like

I’ve got just the post for you!

3 Likes

Thank youuuuuu!!! :grin::grin::grin::heart_eyes:

1 Like

make a virgin sacrifice

also, jump over what you are stuck with and work on something else. and return later. or maybe go back work on animation and directing and zoom. maybe add a few lines early in the script

take a nap. take a shower. watch some youtube videos. specially ones there give you information i recommend matthew santoro

1 Like

Thank you!!!:grin:

1 Like

3 Likes

OOMMMMGGGGG!!! Thank youuuuu!!! :grin::grin:

1 Like

<3 Of course. That chart is helpful AF - ya know, though…I don’t always like my answers X’DDD

1 Like

Sometimes when I get writer’s block it helps to just open up a new doc (or in the same one, if it’s a rough draft) and just, let it all out. It doesn’t matter if you think it’s bad or good (that’s where most of of my problems come in; me telling myself my writing sucks), just, let it all out, write it all down. You can always scrap it or revise it later.

1 Like

Thank you so much!! :slightly_smiling_face:

Check this.

1 Like

If I have writer’s block, I just think of how I can make the MC’s life worse. It could be something small like them failing a test to something huge like a loved one dying.

Now you suddenly have a conflict that the MC must work through, and hopefully at least enough material to complete a scene.

It sounds evil I know, but you almost always have the chance to resolve whatever conflict you create on a positive note.

1 Like

Idk if this is just for me but when I have writers block it’s usually for a story that I didn’t really like or I wasn’t very confident with. Try just setting it to the side and ideas will come to you. Whether it’s for that story or for a new one.

1 Like