Writer's Guide {Please Click}

WHAT ENGAGES READERS???

What really engages a reader is the ||Words|| & ||Interactiveness|| of your story. It revolves around how you use your words and the setting of your story, that way you will make your story come to life, and that will engage the readers.

WHAT STYLE MOST PREFER???

Limelight is more preferred because it has more diversity and updates every week, sure it has some flaws, but each style does. Dont let this stop you from writing any style you want.

CUSTOMIZATION???

Readers love customization, they will legit bully you in the fanmail if you dont have it. I suggest limited customization if you dont want your reader to really change your character. But at the same time, they are the ones that have to look at the character the whole time, so that isnt really fair.

CHOICES MATTERING???

The app literally says "choose your story" of course readers would like to control what their character does, and they would like to see the impact it has on them when they pick a choice, so I see that as a must. But hey its your story.

HAPPY ENDING, SAD ENDING???

It legit depends on where your story is going. Your story can not be sad the whole time then BAM!!! A magical wizard pops out and makes your story happy!! If you want a happy ending, you have to lead it up to that point, visa versa.

WHAT MAKES STORIES FUNNY???

Ill tell you what doesnt make your story funny. FORCED JOKES!!! Comedy is better when it comes out natural. To answer your question, to make your story funny let it come out naturally. If youre not funny, I dont know what to tell you.

HOW TO MAKE MY STORY INTERESTING???

Number 1

1. Write In One Sitting
Write the first draft of your story in as short a time as possible. If youre writing a short story, try to write it in one sitting. If youre writing a novel, try to write it in one season (three months).

Dont worry too much about plotting or outlining beforehand. You can do that once you know you have a story to tell in the first place. Your first draft is a discovery process. You are like an archeologist digging an ancient city out of the clay. You might have a few clues about where your city is buried beforehand, but you dont know what it will look like until its unearthed.

All thats to say, get digging!

Number 2

2. Develop Your Protagonist Stories are about protagonists, and if you dont have a good protagonist, you wont have a good story. The essential ingredient for every protagonist is that they must make decisions. Victor Frankl said, A human being is a deciding being. Your protagonist must make a decision to get herself into whatever mess she gets into in your story, and likewise, she must come to a crisis point and decide to get herself out of the mess. To further develop your protagonist, use other character archetypes like the villain, the protagonists opposite, or the fool, a sidekick character that reveals the protagonists softer side

Number 3

3. Create Suspense and Drama
To create suspense, set up a dramatic question. A dramatic question is something like, Is he going to make it? or, Is she going to get the man of her dreams? By putting your protagonists fate in doubt, you make the reader ask, What happens next?

Note: To do this well, you need to carefully restrict the flow of information to the reader. Nothing destroys drama like over-sharing.

Number 4

4. Edit Like a Pro Most professional writers write three drafts or more. The first draft is often called the vomit draft or the shitty first draft. Dont share it with anyone! Your first draft is your chance to explore your story and figure out what its about. Your second draft isnt for polishing, although many new writers will try to polish as soon as they can to clean up their embarrassing first draft. Instead, the second draft is meant for major structural changes and for clarifying the plot and characters of your novel or the key ideas of your non-fiction book. The third draft is for deep polishing. Now is when everything starts to gel. This is the fun part! But until you write the first two drafts, polishing is probably a waste of your time.

SHOULD I USE SOUND???

Personally, I think you should write out your story, and when youre done with a certain episode, find an instrumental that fits perfectly with your story and tell your readers to play that while reading your story.

ENGLISH ISN"T MY FIRST LANGUAGE, HELP???

Check My Grammar ||Online Checker|| :arrow_backward: Click

WRITER’S BLOCK HELP???

The best way to defeat writers block is to write. If youre stuck, dont try to write well. Dont try to be perfect. Just write.

Sometimes, to write better stories, you have to start by taking the pressure off and just writing.

MY SENTENCES SUCK, HELP???

Paraphrasing Tool :arrow_backward: Click, thanks @xetic

I CAN’T CODE FOR LIFE

I NEED A WRITING PARTNER, DEDICATED & LOYAL

I HOPED THIS THREAD HELP!!! REMEMBER TO LEAVE A LIKE!

24 Likes

BOOKmArked and gonna get lost between the thousands of things I bookmarked :sunglasses:

3 Likes

thought the first question was “what enrages readers” and I was about to say “having a life” lol

3 Likes

:joy: Thank you.

2 Likes

:joy:

2 Likes

Your advice is super helpful! This thread might help too!

I’ve already read that, this answers the most recent questions on the forums.

1 Like

Haha the thread is constantly being updated with new info! The website too! The website has in depth posts about the following subjects:

Plus lots of other topics! I recommend checking out the newer posts on it :yum:

Thanks for the suggestion, but I’m good.

1 Like

Awesome! I thought I’d put it there to help people :smile:

Not to be rude or start anything, but if you wanted that there to help people more, why didn’t you just ask if I could add her website up there to help?

1 Like

I just added a comment I thought would help people! I didn’t realise it would be a problem since there’s already a thread so I didn’t think you’d need to add it to your OP. I’m not trying to hurt anyone’s feelings. It’s just a really helpful website with lots and lots of suggestions that people haven’t mentioned on the forums before!

Yeah, and that’s cool. But to me you advertising another website on my thread, and I don’t appreciate that. I would have liked it, if you would have PM’ed me and asked me to add her website.

1 Like

Just a question, was this meant to be repeated for both questions?

1 Like

Because if you done that, I would have added. I don’t have a problem with you AT ALL

1 Like

I really don’t mean any offence but I can post what I wanna post as long as it isn’t breaking any rules. I thought this thread was about helping people! So I posted a thread I thought would help. I’m sorry if you got upset but I didn’t mean to anger you.

Shit, my bad, I edited my post and I messed up thanks.

2 Likes

No problem, I was just confused :smile:

1 Like

I’m not angry, I just didn’t appreciate what you did.

1 Like

Definitely bookmarking!

1 Like