Writer's portal is constantly saying "Cannot resume from a story node that is not found?" How can I make it stop without having to refresh all the time?

I know you have to refresh the page to reset this but is there anything I can do so it won’t happen so often? I have to refresh my page EVERYTIME I try to preview and it’s making me not even want to script anymore. I’ve had this problems for the past week and a half. Is there anything I can do or should I just wait until the writer’s portal is stable again? I use Chrome by the way.

13 Likes

Yeah. A lot of people have this problem. I think it’s a episode bug.

3 Likes

There’s nothing else we can do! We just have to live with it for now!!! :sob: :sob: :sob:

6 Likes

This is happening to me too, and I’m sick of it tbh. I think for now the best thing to do is fill out a ticket.

1 Like

Sadly, there’s nothing we can do. For, that error shows up maybe every five times I try to preview again. I just try to stay patient, even though I am super impatient. :DD

1 Like

Moved to Report a Bug Writer’s Portal. @writnwolph, please submit a help ticket to our support team and let them know about this issue. :smiley:

1 Like

It’s happening to most people including me, Episode is aware of this and are trying to fix it

4 Likes

same! It’s so annoying!

Oh nooo :pensive: ! I hope it won’t last long because It rly starts to annoy me too ughh …:(:roll_eyes:

Hi! Just letting you know that I found a solution! If you hide your previewer before hitting the “save and preview” button, the issue won’t happen :blush: Have fun writing! :grin: :heart:

4 Likes

Hey how do you hide the previewer??

1 Like

1 Like

Thank you so much

1 Like

Yes, this is a glitch. I hate it. So far what I do is hit Save button. Then update the script. (Not the preview button)

2 Likes

Smart!

1 Like

It still does the same thing…

Oooh, will try that!

1 Like

I guess it’s different for everyone. Closing the preview before pressing Save and Preview has been working for me. Granted, it stops working after like 10 minutes so I have to refresh but that’s better than every 30 seconds at least.

1 Like

It’s because of the new emoji update in the portal :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Just a reminder to get those support tickets in regarding this if you haven’t yet :fast_forward: :grin:

2 Likes