Writer's Portal Update: Changes Into Body and Timed Choices!

Hey All,

Just letting you know about two new features we just officially added to the Writer’s Portal: Changes Into Body and Timed Choices!

More information on both are below!

As always, if you have any issues with the Writer’s Portal or this new addition, please send us a support ticket, this helps our team make fixes!

Changes Into Body:

After we released our Body Variations, we know that making changes to your character’s body for things like customization could be time consuming, and require a lot of Donacode.

We’ve simplified it so you can use our “changes into” command with Body Variations!

Here’s how the code works:
@CHARACTER changes body into [Body Variation Name]

See the example below for more information.

Timed Choices:

Have you ever wanted to write a choice with just a little extra pressure for your readers? Up the stakes in your stories with our newest feature: timed choices.

Timed choices offer the reader a choice with a clear timer on it, letting them know they’d better hurry up and make a decision.

Not to worry though, if they don’t make a choice, the story will assume they’ve chosen the last option available.

To add the timed option to your choice, all you need to do is structure your choice like this:

choice (choice_title) [timed:duration:location:choice]

duration → a number in seconds (between 1-60) that represents how long the reader has to choose
location → input options for this include:
preset locations: tail, center, bottom, top, hiddentail
specific spot placement: timer to scale x y
example: timer to 0.9 160 307
preset to hide the timer: hidden
choice → the exact choice text as written for the choice buttons

The number after timed represents the number of seconds readers have to make a choice. It defaults to 15 seconds, but you can choose as long or as short as you’d like! The timer will also default to a position based on what kind dialogue leads up to the choice, as seen below.

Here’s a sample bit of script to help you get started making timed choices!

ROSE
 QUICK, what’s your favorite food?

choice (fav_food) [timed: 10]
“Pizza” {

YOU
Pizza FOR LIFE!

ROSE
Aw yeah, pizza.

} “Salad” {

YOU     
I’m a salad gal.

ROSE
Healthy! I like it.

} “Burgers” {

YOU
Give me a big burger, please!!!

ROSE
    I love burgers!

}

ROSE
    Well, c'mon, let's go get some [fav_food]!

Here is the same script, but using additional customization.

choice (fav_food2) [timed:5:top:Pizza]
“Pizza” {

YOU
Pizza FOR LIFE

ROSE
How predictable.

} “Salad” {

YOU
I like salad.

ROSE
Healthy! I like it.

} “Burgers” {

YOU
Give me a big burger please!!!

ROSE
I love burgers!

}

ROSE
Well, c'mon, let's go get some [fav_food2]!
76 Likes

I thought timed choices were already a thing

37 Likes

I’m confused. Call me slow, the only difference I see for the timed choices are the placements of the timer :sweat_smile: Or was that always a thing? :face_with_monocle:

Also awesome addition with the body change. It’ll be cool for those characters who exercise and see a “change” in their body after some time haha :+1:t4: Meaning it’ll be easier than having to create a whole other duplicate character.

34 Likes

Oh wow.

3 Likes

I think before you couldn’t place timed choices and now you can :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

No you could places times choices

2 Likes

body one cool

time choice, we have been using that in forever

Joseph evans even have a tutorial there is a year old

11 Likes

So, does that mean the Body Change works for the Generic avatars, and Plus Size avatars? Can I jump from avatar to avatar? @Melani3

6 Likes

Changes into Body does NOT work for character types, (EG, you cannot change a Generic Female into a Plus Female), due to them being separate entirely. Apologies for the confusion!

26 Likes

Timed choices weren’t officially released y’all, now they are.

@Dara.Amarie now it’ll be easier to make a full CC template

15 Likes

Thanks for the update (:

1 Like

Thanks for the update.

1 Like

Thanks but figured this out a few days ago and already updated and created the body cc templates. They’re on my website!

25 Likes

Beginning to think you are too smart :joy: Your website is amazing! I had a looping background that wouldn’t loop (in the available for everyone section) and a friend pointed me to your website so instead of having to wait for a ticket, I used and credited your template :smiley:

@/everyone: this is really cool- I like the body variation change. Thanks, Episode.

6 Likes

Timed choice was an unofficial feature. Now, we can use it officially in our stories.

7 Likes

Thank you!!! That’s all I can say: just thank you. You’ve just saved a girl’s sanity

3 Likes

I’ve seen them in stories though :thinking:

2 Likes

Wow, This is amazing!

1 Like

This is so good thank you!

1 Like

Now you can place them anywhere and change their sizes, that’s the new update. :+1:

3 Likes