Writer's Portal Update: Week of May 22, 2023 (yes, we know it’s late)

The shift button could be it, actually! My shift button is above ctrl so I could be misclicking it instead!

1 Like

I do this sometimes when working in my editing software :joy:

1 Like

Does anyone know whether we need to edit our scripts and take out the “cut to zone ___” or just keep it the way it is ? Because… oh boy, there’s way too many to delete in mine :smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

Nope!

2 Likes

Episode please fix the outfit catalog back, every time I scroll down to the My Outfits, everything just scrolls down along with my mouse. And the “Clothes Used” also moves down along with "My Outfits, when I am scrolling down. i really dislike the clothing section update. Please fix it back. :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:

6 Likes

@Tory it seems this is happening since the recent update happened and it can be confusing to new coders as well as some advanced coders .

5 Likes

I’m just so happy I’m not the only one as @Catniss pointed out :sob::sob::sob::sob:

2 Likes

I do it too when I make edits sometimes. :joy: Very irritating!

1 Like

I was excited to see the outfit editor updated, but unfortunately, it’s actually worse. The chosen clothing on the far right is just unacceptable, and I think that it’s simply weird that the outfit editor is now the only portal tab that is wider than the rest (expect when coding in episodes, but I feel that when doing so, a wide screen just makes sense). The editor just feels wrong, it feels very off. I hope it changes, because it definitely affects me when I’m working in there…

11 Likes

I really liked how the outfit editor was set up before.

6 Likes

Could you explain a little further what is happening or share a screenshot?

What you coded isn’t showing correctly isn’t working when you check the create section of the app or something else?

Looks like the team is looking into this one.

2 Likes

The focus only works on the web previewer and not on the mobile so if I try to focus from zone 1 to zone 3 it only works if I’m using the web preview which I don’t use because it’s not as precise as the mobile is. @Tory

1 Like

Thank you for planning to look into it! For now, not using the @cut to zone ___ it seems to work but then I get scared it will mess up something so I go back to using the cut to zone code :smiling_face_with_tear:

3 Likes

Just use @/&cut to zone # to be safe!

3 Likes

Everything that is scrolled down is too the bottom, but the outfits I have past Natalie isn’t letting me scroll down to view them like before, unless I search that outfit up, or zoom the website all the way to 50% instead of 100% which is my normal view

6 Likes

Pleasing updates overall, I think.

It would be appreciated to just clarify how it works in detail, especially the zones and cutting to them. Besides, if cutting is irrelevant, panning to zones would still be a thing, right? Anyone know how this might effect things like panning, tappable overlays and such? I haven’t tested it myself yet. Maybe it wouldn’t matter? I’m having some issues here and there as well just getting used to it, but it seems useful for coding so far, but I’m not sure it’s lining up with how it originally worked.

I just tried zooming to a spot and it worked, but cutting and having the same code makes it off screen. This is how I usually code,

&cut to zone x
&zoom xyz.

But now this does not seem to always work. ?

Surely, this must mess up all previous code? I also worry about excluding all my cuts, especially if this might be updated, etc. I’ll reread all my chapters and stories, but I’m not sure if I’m just dumb, lol. @Cerisontea You said it works for you though?

I appreciate you all trying to make our coding lives easier. Perhaps, you all can give a detailed explanation of all the changes (and what it won’t affect). For example, list all the ways this will affect coding. Things like negative zooms, panning, etc. It would help everyone I think. Also, if it isn’t up yet, a new tutorial should be added right away for new coders (and me lol). This’ll help clear things up.

1 Like

I know, right? :pensive: I usually really like making outfits but I can barely look at the outfit editor page anymore. It’s too cluttered and confuses my brain :joy:

7 Likes

I use @cut to zone # AND zoom on X Y in 0 when I previewed it both on the portal and on my phone it worked but I have no idea now. I was thinking of deleting the parts where I have @cut to zone # written on my script but that’s going to take way too long to do…

1 Like

I do the same but I also use the @. But even with having the negative number if I zoom close to the end of the zone where the black area is it still gives that warning.

Before when I would have a one zone image and place my character closer to the edge and zoom in I would never see the black edge unless if I zoom out. But now I see it even if I zoom in really close if that makes sense and it still gives the error

1 Like