Writing a New Story & I Need Your Help!

Hey guys!
I’ve been having writer’s block for quite some time, so I decided to write a new story called, “basic”. Yes, I know the title isn’t capitalized, that’s on purpose. My story is about a group of friends who create a blog, speaking up about the injustice going around in their school. It talks about racism, mental illnesses, and the things people are too afraid to talk about.
This is a new idea, that literally just popped into my head. I may change a few things. If you’d like to hear about the characters, please ask! I’d love to hear your opinions and suggestions on them!
I’d also like to hear your opinions on religion, oppression, and such. Tell me what you think about controversial topics! This story has is supposed to have insight from all types of people, whether you think their opinions may be right or wrong.
Don’t be afraid to speak out, after all, that’s what the story is all about.

• Jade :sunny:
3 Likes

Noooooooo so sad to hear you have writer’s block :sob:

This idea sounds really interesting though. I think you’d probably be able to have really great characterisation because you’d be giving everyone opinions and maybe it will also be the kind of story to make people think/ask questions. You’ll probably get a lot of fanmail with people saying the hate certain characters because they disagree with what reader believes in lol

I know, but I won’t give up on Echo Creek!

Thanks! I just like getting everyone’s ideas and opinions on things, it helps me write better. Plus, the story won’t be so one-sided, it’ll be fun to write. I already have the main characters’ personalities down lmao. I, uh, I just need a solid plot now.

1 Like

I trust you

Oh, right. I guess the group creating the blog can only take you so far :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, I’m just trying to figure out what else I could add to thicken the plot. I mean, there’s not much you can do with a blog.

1 Like

Not true. Gossip Girl ran for 6 seasons and that’s basically about a blog. I’m sure you’ll figure out something that should drive the plot. Maybe a hacker or something? :smile:

1 Like

I heard Gossip Girl is really good, but anyways, I feel as though it should stay more realistic? I don’t know, relate to real-world issues and problems people are facing today.

1 Like

Well shit, if you want realism, don’t watch Gossip Girl for inspiration! As much as it’s a good show, it’s not realistic in the slightest

1 Like

Lol, I’m watching Arrested Development at the moment, I can’t watch more than one show at a time :sweat_smile: But would you like to see, and hear about the characters’ personalities?

1 Like

Absolutely :blush:

1 Like

^ This is Simone, the MC of basic, and an anxiety-ridden, yet somehow confident girl. 17 years old.

Episode better come up with new lipsticks, because she looks so ashy!

^ This is Imogen, one of Simone’s best friends who enjoys running track and playing volleyball. She’s tough, loyal, but it takes a while for her to understand some things. 16 1/2 years old.

^ This is Miki, a sweet, caring girl who enjoys eating ice cream. She’s really tough when the time calls for it. 18 years old.

^ This is Sage, a LI who enjoys writing and supports Simone’s blog about equality. Looks out for Simone’s younger sister, Niah, who has difficulties talking to people.

I haven’t exactly established their likes or needs, but I have their basic personality structures planned.

1 Like

Nice! All the new limelight features look so good now. It really gives the characters unique looks

1 Like

I know, I’m loving it.

1 Like