Writing a story (advice needed)

Hello,

I have been debating pretty much since joining this forum on posting as I get nervous.

I was wondering if I could get some advice from a fellow writer on my story. I would rather keep the story plot to myself for now as this is not something I feel I’m struggling with. I basically have my plot and details in my story written out in note form.

I am stuck on whether there are any other steps I need to take before I start scripting it on LimeLight. I’m not sure if it’s just me over-thinking everything though. I just want to make sure I am not missing anything if that makes sense.

Feel free to send me a message. Here or my Instagram: @shannon.x.episode
It would be great to have someone I could turn to in case I get stuck again in the future as I am still new to this community.

I hope this makes sense,

Thanks,

Shannon

1 Like

not really, if you have the entire plot, begining middle and end, then I will say you are ready to codeing. actually your are properly more ready than most people are

I’ve been working and developing the plot for awhile now. I was worried I was missing something. Probably just me over-thinking this way too much. I really appreciate your reply, thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey! I wish I had the mind set that you did when I started writing. When I first decided on writing this story I wasn’t good at coding and didn’t even know what my plot was after I wrote the first 3 chapters and published I hated them and decided to revamp them I took a month off and planned 17 episodes the only reason I planned my episodes is because I always go off track and write things not related to the plot I want, so what I am trying to say is that after you have your plot written down and you know how to code like advanced coding (by that I mean you know how to add more then one animation) then you are more then ready the only thing is left is for you to not give up after realizing how long it will take until you can write the ‘juicy’ part.

1 Like

There is absolutely no need to feel that way, love! It’s most likely you will get a reply in less than 30 seconds ‘cuz people WANT TO TALK TO YOU!! Don’t know why I did that in caps…

Hello,

I have written stories in the past so I have some experience but I’ve always self-taught if that makes sense. This is my first episode story I’m writing and for some reason, that makes me nervous as it’s such a bit community. I just want to make sure I’m doing it right this time as this is the first time I’ve taken time to write my plot instead of jumping straight into scripting with no notes. Just trying to take an organised approach this time.

Thank you so much for replying. I really appreciate it :slight_smile: Good luck with your story as well!

1 Like

Well then, I would most definitely advise you to plan your chapters it helps so much and it keeps you in line!

Everyone has been very helpful and I have no idea why I felt so nervous and held off for so long to begin with now. It’s very welcoming here :slight_smile:

Don’t worry about the caps either, it’s fine :joy:

1 Like

I’m not really sure how to go about planning my chapters. Just note each one out?
I did think about doing that so I know what I’ve included so far and what I haven’t.

I mean for each chapter plan your scenes so you know where the story is going. :grin:

Ohh I understand now. Thanks! I will definitely do that :slight_smile:

Good luck darling!

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Glad to hear, sweetie! Hope to see you some more on the forums <3

been hanging on the forums and missed this message :woman_facepalming:t4:

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:

It’s fine, don’t worry. There is no need to rush in replying :slight_smile:

I think that your colleague will be the best help because he will be able to correct your story as best as possible.
Alternatively, you can contact https://papersowl.com/apa-paper-writing-service for help. There are real professionals who will easily help you with writing a story and will even be able to design in the style of APA. They do everything very well and professionally, I was convinced of this from my own experience, so I recommend it.

What I personally do is that I write a few chapters, write some more and after some time come back to the chapters I wrote in the first place. I always see what I can do better after some time of writing. I also would recommend publishing ur story when u will have at least 70% of the chapters written. Even if u only have the main plot, ideas, and how the episode should go I would suggest u to code right away

U can always ask me for an advice/suggestion or even codding/overlay help since I m really good at all of it and I do have time to do it. I’m always online here or on ig (@val_episode_)

I personally have never tried writing stories. I think it’s easier to start writing when you have a prototype from life, then it’s easier to add some facts and character traits.
Good luck to you.

I have a similar problem. My creativity is visual and it is hard to write stories. I don’t know anyone to write with. I even tried asking professional thesis writers, and it turned out pretty good. Good luck with that!