Writing just for your readers

Hello everyone! While I’m taking a quick break from writing, I was wondering if anyone else feels the same about this topic?

This came up in one of my instagram posts where a reader of mine has been following me since the beginning (and I’ve been writing on Episode for over 3 years :wink:)

I know there are a lot of writers out there who enjoy writing, and they also have many supportive fans.

So my question to you writers is:

“Do you write what you want to write for your loyal readers, or do you only write just to gain popularity by writing something you don’t want to write?”

9 Likes

as much as i would love to be popular on episode, i do it for my loyal readers lol or what will be my loyal readers. if you’re not writing things you love and not for the people who think with your work then why are you writing to begin with?

4 Likes

I am a new writer but I am making it my quota to write stories for my readers and for myself. No popularity needed. I just want people to relate and enjoy my imagination!

3 Likes

I haven’t published a story yet but I am working on one. I think that it’s important to write what you want to write not just what’s popular. Most popular tropes are problematic, for example, Mafia, bad boy or teacher-student romances. For that reason I tend to just write what I want. The story I’m working on is action and will only have a little bit of romance. I know that I’m probably not going to get as many reads as the authors writing romance stories but I don’t really mind. I’m just happy writing what I want to and seeing my idea become a reality😌

5 Likes

I am a new writer…and I dont think that I have any loyal reader yet…but there is a hope that i will get loyal reader or maybe readers one day…who will support me :relaxed:
I am writing for myself bcz I love to write

1 Like

Honestly I write for me mainly I really like creating stories and it helps me get away from some of the craziness/ stress in my own life and as much as I would love popularity on episode if I don’t really feel like writing I just won’t

1 Like

I do this too. It’s also fun seeing your story come to life

1 Like

I agree I normally start things off of random things from my head then I made my first story here and I’m only three episodes in and I’m working on my fourth one and it’s so amazing to see my ideas come to life I’m actually making a second story now for spooky season ( i literally love spooky season!)

1 Like

I would love to read it.

1 Like

Let me know your story. I’ll check it out.

1 Like

Its Memory Lost :hugs:

i would love to check out your story.

1 Like

Ok! Thank you I love all my readers it really makes me more motivated so thanks for the support!
Title Secrets

Author Your._.girl. _.kay

Chapters Three more coming soon!

Genre Drama/Romance

Style Limelight

Description Kaylee Smith is a goody two shoes that doesn’t trust most.What happens when she finds out most of her life was a lie and everyone she trusted was keeping secrets from her?

Link http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4833837780762624

Cover

This is my first story my story for spooky season isn’t out yet

what’s your author name?

1 Like

Tessa :sweat_smile:

I personally write what I want to write. This goes for any kind of writing. No point in writing just for popularity or to please others, no matter how darn tempting it is, in my opinion. I know for me my quality would be a lot lower if I wrote something I didn’t want to. Nothing wrong with writing for reads though! Although it doesn’t seem healthy to rely on that for serotonin or anything, if it’s something harmless for you then go for it. I know I for sure have written something or worked on something just to show a certain person, but usually I try and make it something I want to write as well. I hope that all makes sense!

2 Likes

aw thank you :)) I actually havent published it yet, it comes out on the 8th. but i’ll tag you for sure!

1 Like

I write for me, if people like that, then it’s a huge bonus. I can’t say I have a fan base, atleast not yet, my story is pretty new. But I do know that, if I get loyal readers, many may find my ending disappointing. It’s not going to be a normal fairytale happy ending. I don’t say it’s going to be horrible either, but something in between. There will be multiple endings, but you can’t “have all you want” :smiley:

1 Like