Writing on episode vs. writing a novel

I haven’t seen anyone talk much about this, but I was wondering what your thoughts are on deciding to write on episode or writing a regular story. I know there’s the whole idea of having to direct and code for episode which can take a lot of time depending on how advanced you’re willing to go.

I’ve been writing stories since I learned how to write and I started playing episode back in 2014 but I only recently thought to give writing here a try. Obviously people here will probably prefer episode since this is their forum, but I guess I’m just looking for someone to push me in either direction.

I’m thinking it can be easier to get more reads on episode, considering the format, but anyway.

4 Likes

I write in both formats, because just like you, I’ve been writing since I learned how to. There are lots of differences in them, like it can be more easy to write about one subject in book format that could never be done with coding in episode, but I do both for fun (at least for the moment). Good to know there’s another writer that does both too.

2 Likes

I tried writing a novel before, but I stopped after 200 some pages. I think I prefer writing on Episode because it’s fully visualized and people can be themselves inside the story. I guess it’s why I’m so attached to a lot of stories on here because it’s like I’m in the story’s world. :yum:

1 Like

@reyshell @CrimsonCat6 Thank you for your thoughts! <3

2 Likes

I think it really depends on what you’re more into: using descriptors to convey your message or expressing it through visuals.

I find when you’re writing a novel traditionally, things such as extra descriptors are really important to add so the reader can visualize exactly what you’re thinking, since there’s no pictures to show them. With episode, you’re lacking that aspect and you can set it up more like a TV show with less formalities because the visuals are already laid out for you to use.

I think both have their upsides/downsides, and both can be equally as rewarding in the end. I guess it’s just finding your personal preference and what feels more natural to you :blush:

1 Like

I am a lot like you currently I am writing on episode and a novel. But for me it is fun and I really like them both. If I had to choose I think writing A novel is easier.

1 Like

Well, I write my episode stories in novel form before coding it up. Novel form is much easier for me.

1 Like

Thats’s exactly what I was thinking

1 Like

That’s true, I think I might just do them both

That’s a good idea actually!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.