Writing On Mobile Package!

Hello Guys! My name is Brayden. Today, I am going to be teaching everybody how to write on Mobile! I got inspired to do this after this thread came out. As you know they improved a lot of things for a way more enjoyable writing experience! I know not everyone has access to a computer, or you may just be on the run when inspiration pops to your head. Well do not fret, I am here to help! Well… What are we waiting for? Let’s begin!

You want to begin by deciding, “what am I going to write on?” This may seem like a weird question but google tends to glitch when you use Episode Interactive. So I searched the Apple app store, and found a couple apps you can use as well, so you didn’t have to! I found that Full Browser- Desktop Browser works the best, but Aloha Browser - private & fast will work as well. If you do not want to try either you can use safari, or if you are on an Android phone, use the built in browser to go to www.episodeinteractive.com I will be using Safari for this. After that you want to scroll down until you see “Sign in with Google and Facebook”, and from there you want to sign in.

Screenshot

Yay! Now this is where it get’s super fun! You will want to set up your character style, etc, and if you do not know how to do that, you can join my Episode Interactive Basic Class on Google Classroom by using the code qnw7np if you plan to join, comment below! :slight_smile: Once you do all that fun stuff, you will be all set to start coding.

Coding…Gah don’t get me started on coding on Mobile. It is beyond hard, and there is no use in trying to code on the actual coder. Instead you will want to go to your phone’s built-in notepad, and if it doesn’t have one, download one. The first step you will want to do is type in all of your characters name. You will also need to know the name of the animations, so me being the nice person I am (and using Margaret.A.Knox animation index) I put together a google doc with limelight animations and ink. I will be using Margaret’s Ink Animation index for this as well. :slight_smile: You will want to copy and paste the backgrounds and animations into the notepad, so when you need to use them, you have them right there! Here is the link to the google doc :slight_smile: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TCsggrUn8Wv1Ky_uy0-TkbpXeaqQn0L04aLD1vEVv6M/edit?usp=sharing

For backgrounds, when you go to copy and paste your script into the docs, use that.

For zooming and spot directing, preview it on mobile, and write down on a sheet of paper the position, numbers, etc.

I really really hope this has helped. If it has, make sure to let me know in the replies so I can do more tutorials like these! Everyone, having an amazinggggg day! Mwah!!

8 Likes

I LOVE YOU @Brayden ! This is perfect for writers without a computer!

1 Like

Honey I love you! <3 Thanks so freaking for the support!

1 Like

I do this all the time, but I do have a computer. It is an awesome alternative to have to jump between the website and docs just find an animation, I can just look on the doc. And of course!
BUMP!

1 Like

Ahhhhh thanks so muchhhhh!

1 Like

Of course!
Some tags to get this thread up there! (Or just used to help others and use for refrence.)
@JemU776 @Apes @AshlynG @LiyahxWrites @TamiRose @FlowerGriefer @Allie_Diamond_Epy

2 Likes

Ahh this is super helpful! :smile:

2 Likes

Tysmmmm! <3

1 Like

Thankks! :smiley:

2 Likes

Thank you for the tag :heart_eyes:

As someone who doesn’t have access to a computer or laptop, I really appreciate this thread. I tried coding on my phone after Episode gave the news of making mobile easier but it still causes problems for me so I gave up. I feel so bad not being able to go on a computer anytime I want and test stuff out :sob:

Thanks, I’ll read over this :heart:

3 Likes

<333

2 Likes

I LOVE THIS!
It’s really helpful to work on scenes without having to worry about spot directing

1 Like

i’m so so glad love <3 :sob:

1 Like

BUMPPP! it says it’s unclear so ;-;

Thank you! I’m definitely going to try this! I’m terrible with technology, but hopefully I can figure this out. I’ve been writing on my boyfriend’s lap top and I feel kind of rude using it so much sometimes.

1 Like

np babe! <3

1 Like

bump!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.