Writing Portal on Mozilla Firefox

Hey guys, has anyone had this issue with Firefox?

I load the portal, wait until everything is ready to go then when I try to preview my story it shows that it’s fully loaded- but doesn’t show the story. It just stays on the click preview to view story screen with the bar below it is fully loaded?

1 Like

im having issues with firefox too when i click on preview it keeps going white blank and saying “Error Assertion Failed Undefined” for 2 days now

1 Like

Mine just takes forevvvvveeerrr to load. It finally did after like 5-10 minutes ( I stopped looking at it so I’m sure exactly- but at least 5 that I was looking at it) I’ve had this issue before (loading slow) but only for like 1-2 minutes max. I don’t want to switch browsers again but idk what else to do. It loads fine on Microsoft Edge.

1 Like

ahh luckyy, mine usually usually takes a few hours and now its been 2 days it’s still like that
i always get this problem but it never takes more than half a day to be fixed

1 Like

I switched to microsoft edge for a bit but it started being weird and refreshing randomly or backing out to the portal main page so I switched back to mozilla and this is still happening to me. I don’t know how to even report this stuff. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

i apparently can’t switch browsers since my chrome won’t open up
and im on linux quite complicated to install other stuff on my pc since i would have to open terminal’s
i decided to work with firefox cause it faster and less lag on the portal and now im stuck with the error

1 Like

I chose it, too, because of the less lag. And it’s just this website that it’s having issues with. So I have a hard time believing it’s the browser at this point. It has to be a portal bug, right?

1 Like

Yep, i think it’s the portal but im having this thought that its probably my account
since google red flagged me and can’t open some websites such as this forum, i had to go private browsing to open this since it wont load on my normal firefox, could be preventing me from using some features of this and the portal since i think its my IP that is red flagged

1 Like

How did you get red flagged ? (just curious, you don’t have to tell me.) I’ve just never heard of google being able to keep you out of websites. (Then again, I’m not super techy so :joy:)

Idk how to submit a ticket for this? Do you even send tickets for bugs?

1 Like

i honestly don’t know everything was working fine the day before yesterday and i was browsing around yesterday and twitter, episode forums, gmail, outlook won’t load but when i go private browsing they all work fine and yep you submit them emails i did it yesterday they kept telling me to ask the forum for help… i mean idk how other writers could help me with that issue cause its the portal itself

1 Like

That’s really weird. Maybe there’s a glitch or update bug for chrome? (forgive my ignorance) but do they not have a customer service type thing? I would try to find out how and why it’s being stupid.

And yeah, there’s nothing we writers can do about the fact that they have a problem on their end.

1 Like

its honestly not really worth sending emails or reports unless its reallyyyyyyyyyyyy important cause trust me every type of “support” they don’t really help or do something mostly, but sometimes they can help and that’s really rare

1 Like

That’s super lame. Sorry your browser (and the portal) are stupid.

1 Like

Ah this always happens to me so it’s kinda no biggie now but it really sucks cause im about to be able to publish my story and right when im about to finish the last part this happens

1 Like

Wow, that really sucks, hon. :frowning: I hope they get it fixed.

1 Like

I get a delay when calling up the episode “loading assets”, so while I can see the code, I have to wait until it’s loaded the characters, overlays, etc, I guess.

1 Like

I wait until it’s finished “downloading” assets so that nothing is still loading in and it still takes a really long time to preview the story. That’s why I wonder if it’s an actual portal bug because I don’t have the issue with Edge- Edge has its own set of issues :joy: I would click something in the preview and it would back me out to the main portal page that shows the episodes and whatnot. It’s odd.

1 Like

The Writer’s Portal is built for Chrome, and the Team recommended I use it when I complained about my issues to them, even though Chrome is CPU-greedy.

1 Like

I was having error problems with Chrome, which was why I switched to Mozilla and it worked fine for awhile. Guess I’ll give Chrome another go. I’m practice scripting to better my coding skills before working on my next story and it puts a real dent into it when I’m waiting 5+ minutes for the story to load every time I save and preview. :joy:

1 Like

I’m working on Firefox too and the same problem happens to me it doesn’t fully load! I was going to write my story and this :sweat::sob:

2 Likes