:raspberry: WRITING THE BEST ROMANCE STORY PT. 3 :raspberry:

Hi everyone! I have summarized the results of the polls from the previous 2 threads!

Links to threads:

:orange:

:blob_hearts:FEMALE MC APPEARANCE :blob_hearts: (according to your votes):

Personality:

• Challenger

Skintone:

• Medium

Hair Color:

• Dark Brown

Eye Color:

• Light Brown
  • Green

:i_dunno:MALE MC APPEARANCE :i_dunno: (according to your votes):

Personality:

• Achiever

Skintone:

• Medium

Hair Color:

• Dark Brown

Eye Color:

• Blue

STORY SPECIFICS (according to your votes):

Romance Trope:
(1) Enemies to lovers [50%]
(2) Forbidden love [41%]

Choose Environment:
(1) Work (photographer/artist/etc.) [66%]

Choose Special Features:
(1) Mini Games [42%]
(2) Multiple Endings [42%]
(3) Advanced overlays [38%]

Other Stuff:
I will be designing these characters and posting it in this thread! I want all of you to let me know what your thoughts are!

Announcement! :
The story’s title will be “Revealed”

THE STORY’S TITLE IS “REVEALED”
    • LOVE IT
    • HATE IT

0 voters

Tags

@maandy @Martini_98 @AngelWings1983 @Cerisontea @Anna.Epp @RandomUnicorn @Tarly @TheMorrigan @taztales

3 Likes
More Tags

@ransomash @sandy.green.episode @Shru @EsmeStories @ElleJ @FantasyWorld @Fallen_angel14 @Frey.251 @ElleJ @Ingridonepisode @maandy

More Tags

@BrieNewman @behcuh @Brei @butterfly5527 @Bonk @TalGordin @Faintest @Grayreads @granolias @rogueangelwrites

Please don’t tag me for things unrelated to me

Sooorryyyy, thought that you’d be interested in this.

Just to give a little advice, I think maybe to not title the story something that’s a little overused. I think most readers would prefer a story title that’s unique and I know I love unique story titles more than overused ones.
I get that it could relate to what the plot is about but it’s better not to title it something too common

4 Likes

Hey just a tip, if you are wanting to achieve ‘writing the best romance story’ then wouldn’t you want to have maybe a choice of male/female mc or li but it is a lot of coding so I understand but then again this wouldn’t be the best romance for me because I’m a lesbian. This would allow your story to see a bigger audience as well as actually having a good chance of being ‘the best romance story’ because of inclusivity. Sorry if you have already spoken about this but I just thought. :blob_hearts:

2 Likes

Thank you! I’ll definitely keep that in mind. Do you have any suggestions for me? :orange:

Thank you for your feedback! I will be sure to keep it in my consideration and mindfulness :orange:

1 Like

Maybe I could help if you describe what the plot is about?

1 Like

Hi @Maevt

you’re story title sound overused. Because you only name title as Revealed and it really not given the interested of unique title. @Maevt

I think you should change your story title in a strong way that will give readers eye catching with a unique title. Then a overused titles. @Maevt

You should based it on your story idea. if you don’t have any story idea. That will helps you know, what going on in your story and we’re everything will take place and so on. Then you maybe get confused with making a title based on your story . @Maevt

I think you should think first. Before overushed story title any more. @Maevt

Also, you could have added a art scenes to make your story the best romance. You could have added some plot twist into your romance story with characters to motivate them. @Maevt

Something that build more interested to your romance story. Since you only have little bit about your story that others did choose for you. @Maevt

But I think you should determine. what best for your romance story. @Maevt

Link:

The link I sent you will helps you along the way. For your romance story and can helps you finished with your romance story. The link have example to helps you and much more you can find to guide you on your journey.Also, if you choose to add a choice were readers can pick love interest that are girls or boys or both love interest. You can also added points system for readers to gain points. @Maevt

I think you should added main character personality with more stuff to your character. @Maevt

About Character
Appearance
First Name:
Last Name:
Body type/ Build:
Skin tone:
Hair (style & color):
Eyes:
Facial description:
Prominent features or distinguishing marks:
Style of dress:
Mannerisms or gestures:

Speech
Tone of voice
Loud, quiet, harsh, etc.
Language or accent:
Favorite phrases:

Behavior
Personality:
Existing twin character:
Additional traits:
Habits:
Ambition:
Pet peeves:
Greatest fear:
Weakness:
Biggest secret:
How does this character have a good relationship with other characters?

Background
Birthplace/ grew up:
Nationality/ ethnicity:
Birthdate:
Blood type:
Important past events:
Family:
Current home:
Finances:
Education:
Health:
Allergy:
Religion:
Spiritual identity:
Real job:

Interests
Hobbies
Music
Food & drinks

BackStory
Important
Details

This will helps with your story to build more appearance character. @Maevt you have to put personality appearance that matters to your character and it takes a lots of steps but examples I give you will helps you.

You needed more personality to your characters not just one. @Maevt

You could have used word document to write down everything for your romance story to make it easy for you. Since you only have to type it out on word document @Maevt

Romance Trope:
(1) Enemies to lovers [50%]
(2) Forbidden love [41%]

Choose Environment:
(1) Work (photographer/artist/etc.) [66%]

Choose Special Features:
(1) Mini Games [42%]
(2) Multiple Endings [42%]
(3) Advanced overlays [38%]

This will also helps you with your romance story. Since romance needed emotionally you could have added enemies to lover or Forbidden love were characters have a struggles. @Maevt

Information: what I love in your romance story

I love that you used work but you have to think what jobs they are working for in the story. So, the readers can learns more about your characters. What are their lifestyle. @Maevt

I love that your romance story have mini games, Multiple Endings, Advanced overlays. But when you used Advanced overlays you have to make sure it blend well with the characters into the story scene. @Maevt

Romance genre is not easy to make. which places its primary focus on the relationship and romantic love between two people, and usually has emotionally satisfying and optimistic ending. @Maevt

You have to go through a lots of steps to make your romance story the best. @Maevt

I agree with @Chloe.episode123 @Cerisontea

3 Likes

In addition to my comment about the story title you have chosen, I wanted to mention a way you could potentially write “the best romance story”, you should always make sure to really flesh out your characters (e.g. with good backstories and if they have good personalities) and try not to make the characters’ personalities overused. What I mean by this is, if you notice in many official and community stories we have either the MC or LI or even both, being so flirtatious it’s getting annoying and repetitive, we could have an MC that’s challenging, not flirty/it’s annoying tbh since not everyone acts like that when they’re in love. Make sure to make the romance special so that when we read it we’ll be amazed at the writing and the special relationship the MC and LI share.
I like headstrong MC’s sometimes, challenging, funny, can get shy at times, and a love interest with a GREAT personality is much needed. I like me men dark and mysterious while being confident at the same time :relieved:

2 Likes

@Maevt Thanks for tagging me. It looks cool. It’ll be the best romance story you can write, so you’ve already accomplished that to me. My only advice would be not to pressure yourself, but write a story you’ll like. Still, goals are nice to have and will help you improve quickly. While easier said than done; it’s all about balance. :blush:

I know people say it a lot, but writing is a lot like telling a joke. If you don’t find a joke funny, others might not. Not because of style of humor, but because you won’t tell it as if it was funny in the first place, so your delivery will make it unfunny on arrival. But I’ll go one step further. Even if it’s the best romance story ever and you don’t like the story; you might not be happy even if it’s a top story on the app. It’s sort of like how some musicians don’t like their hit songs as surprising as it sounds.

So, if you like it, that’s what’s most important, to me anyway. Good luck with your story.

2 Likes

Moved to Share Feedback since this is about story ideas. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

2 Likes

Well, I still need to figure that out haha. Do you have any cool ideas? I would love to do somethin refreshing / different.

What if everyone lives in a simulator! Black Mirror vibes?

1 Like

Thank you so much for your thorough answer / advice! It means a lot to me and I really appreciate it! I will definitely take everything that you’ve said into consideration!

What are your thoughts on a plot where everyone lives in a simulation? Kind of like Black Mirror vibes. I think that could be really cool!

There was this one Episode in Black Mirror where 2 characters meet over and over again (in different lives [but its actually a simulation]) and each time they choose each other every time. They’re like “soulmates”

1 Like

That’s really awesome advice! I love that and totally agree! Thank you :raspberry:

I considered making the romance a “slow burn” kind of thing. So they don’t fall in love immediately. But! I hate when it takes 10 chapters before 2 chars fall in love, I won’t have it take that long either haha.

What do you think?

Thank you so much for your kind words and encouragement! I really appreciate it and I completely agree! :pear:

That’s why you have to think of the plot first and then think of the story title. The most important part first and foremost is the thinking about what the story is exactly about, what will happen, what is the main focus etc THEN figure out what the title may be.

2 Likes

Ah, my upcoming story will be like that as well.

I don’t think it would be too bad if takes that long honestly :sweat_smile: I’ve read stories (outside of episode) where it takes WAYY longer for them to fall in love. In reality, it does take a while for people to fall in love too and it makes the story more interesting I think to see how the characters fell in love from the start. Ofc, this also depends on what the story is even about. So, just mindmap ideas and then plan it through like that :two_hearts:

1 Like