Writing Tips and Tricks

u can make a few references from one, but not directly no

What I do to create my story, is go on Google Documents and use bullet points to create the main parts of the script.
For example:

• (CHARACTER) goes to library
  • (CHARACTER) meets (CHAR 2)
    Then you write the dialouge short and simple.
    For example, I will be using random names such as Sophie and Mike.
    Sophie: “I didn’t think I would see you here.” I said, raising my eyebrow as I leaned on the rack of books. He returned a sad smile, almost as if you could see his heart crack in his eyes for a split second. Mike shook his head, before looking at me clearly, biting his lip in debate.
    “I’m fine.”
    “I was just worried about you.”

Build character through responses and reactions. See how they react to being in certain situations.

It really gets you going, and if you need to; think about what your character is afraid of. Think of the worst possible ways that the relationship could go wrong. Shove it in their face. Think of a book where you literally wanted to scream because something you wanted to happen- didn’t. Write your story just like that. Because the more you drag on the pain and suffering, the more they will read. But don’t drag it on too long, leave it a little sweet; because they will get bored. Then let them ease, give them cute moments of the main character, make them feel good. Because they do deserve putting through with all of that. Then put them through it all over again. Have your character learn from this. Even better, make them stop trusting people. The people they love the most, have them stop trusting the ONE person who would never do anything to hurt them. This is a gurantee “readerswillwanttoriptheirhairout” lol

Wow that was really useful! Thank you so much!:heart:

1 Like

Of course :slight_smile: It took me and my best friend 4 years before deciding that we didn’t want an “all fluff” story. It’ll be worth the pain your character goes through, only if you want there to be a goal achieved through it.

You can’t base a story on a TV show. You can, however, take certain assets like mini ideas or names.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.