Writing your story!

I’m trying to write a story at the minute and thought I’d see what my pace is like compared to other people!

How long does it take you to write each episode?
How many episodes in total do you like to write?
How long does it take you to write a whole story?

The weeks I have school it takes me around a week to complete a whole episode, sometimes slightly shorter depending how motivated I am
The weeks I don’t have school I can get one episode completed in 2 days if I work on it for most of the day

3 Likes

When I used to write episode stories, it would honestly depend on my motivation. If I was determined to complete an episode in a set deadline, maybe a day for example, I could finish it in a day. (My episodes used to be 12-15 mins). However, if I wasn’t feeling like writing then it could take me up to a week to finish one. :skull:
Basically, what I’m trying to say that the time it takes you to update and write an episode can vary, because if you aren’t in the mood to code, it will make you procrastinate and take longer. If you are determined and have some sort of motivation, I’d say the maximum time it takes you should be roughly 2 days.
Good luck :vulcan_salute:t5:

1 Like

1 week
Months :thinking:

Actually I’ve never written a story before, but I wanted to reply :sweat_smile::heart:

1 Like

Wow you could write that much in one day!
My episodes are around 5-8 minutes long because I don’t like super long episodes and I’m usually listening to music whilst writing to keep me on track just because it helps me block out everything else

1 Like

Haha I’m always looking at lots of topics just so I can find something to reply to!

1 Like

Girl sameee, though sometimes the music would make me distracted and start to deep shit in my life ngl. :joy:
And yes, but I could only do it in a day if it was the only thing I was doing for most of that day though.

1 Like

Haha feel that, sometimes I’m just zoning out looking at my laptop and lip-syncing to the music until I realise if I actually want to finish the episode I’m on that day I have to carry on :joy:

1 Like

Why is this so relatable. :sob:
Literally I remember staring at all my code for like a good five mins cuz I had zoned out then I just turned of my laptop and went to relax in my room and listened to music for most of the day. :sob::vulcan_salute:t5:
Then while I’m in my room I keep telling myself that I won’t get distracted again-(never works.)
I usually just continue the next day without listening to music and I usually get a lot done.
I can’t listen to music whilst coding cuz I’ll just lose all the little motivation I had left to code. :joy:

1 Like

I’m trying without music at the minute because I went and dropped my phone in the toilet a few days ago so I’m on my mum’s old phone and the app I use for music won’t work but then I remember I get distracted by the forums and literally anything else so it will be a miracle if I actually finish this story before the end of next year :joy: :sob:

2 Likes

That must be mad frustrating :sob:
I just stick to editing now cuz I realised that I’m such a bad procrastinator. :relieved:
But lmk when u publish- I mean if u do, and I’ll give it a read. :joy::two_hearts:

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll make sure I do!
I’m on episode 11 now and thinking about publishing some soon but I’m not sure whether to do it one by one, in groups, all together when it’s done or when to post each
What do you think?

1 Like

I think u should publish in groups of three, since you’ve done 11 episodes already it gives you more time to update as readers will just assume you’re working on episode 4, 5 & 6 etc when you’re actually working on episode 12 :joy:.
Then when you finish 12, update another three (so up to episode 6), then when you’ve finished episode 15, update another three again.
I personally think this will give you more time to update comfortably, but it’s up to you. :two_hearts:

1 Like

Great idea thanks! I’m pretty bad at making decisions so I might wait until I’ve wrote a few more because I keep changing things about the start of each episode :sob:

1 Like

Np! :sparkling_heart:
And same, I’ve been there. I think I published my story when it had 6 episodes so I could always be two episodes ahead when it was time to update. :joy:

1 Like

Oh what’s your story? I’ll check it out when I’ve finished the one I’m reading atm

1 Like

Don’t worry, it’s archived-:sob::joy:
I stopped writing ever since I realised that I enjoyed editing a lot more, so I archived it. :joy:
I also procrastinated too much once I had reached episode 19. :tipping_hand_woman:t5::sleepy:

1 Like

oh ok! I’m trying to work on my procrastinating, it’s a serious problem :joy: :sob:

1 Like

^^also here in the Uk we’re back in in person school so my ass don’t got no time for endless coding. :joy:

1 Like

I’m in the Uk too! :grin:

1 Like

I still have a history essay which was due on Friday, which I still need to send. I’m literally so bad when it comes to procrastinating, and it’s not even like I’m busy or anything. :sob::woman_facepalming:t5:

1 Like