WW3? - E.U/Iran

What happens after the war is what makes peace

1 Like

I learned it bc of the memes but from my experience of the previous decade i learn to never trust the news, or wtv i hear, the previous decade they said that the world will end at 2012 then at 2015 the local news in my country said something else and i was shocked and scared of something that never happened then again they said it that sm will happen in 2018… So yeah… I dont really believe that it will happen any time soon

1 Like

Then again there is no peace so forget it

Sorry for my bad word choice. I have not been living long enough to prove that, but I do believe that wars settle problems, and if we do go to war like I said it’s unlikely, but if we do I hope it works out.

Like you’re saying in 2020 that war is good? Because this is what I understand from your words, maybe I’m wrong.

1 Like

you do know that drafting is illegal now and nobody will be forced to serve in this hypothetical “world war” (in us)

2 Likes

No war is never good, but there was many wars that change our lives. The civil war, the Mexican-America war, ww two, and many others that change our world in a semi better way. But once again war isn’t good and never will be, and this war might be pointless like you said but that doesn’t mean all wars was like that. Some wars actually had good endings that was good for American. Though if I choice for world peace I would automatically picked that.

1 Like

well unless the us deems it as an emergency which I doubt it will

1 Like

It’s not “illegal”. Just as with the previous drafts the president would have to authorize it.

From https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/03/politics/military-draft-selective-service-site-crash-trnd/index.html

Who is eligible for the draft?

The draft ended in 1973 and the military changed to an all-volunteer force. Currently, all men ages 18 to 25 are required by law to provide basic personal information to the Selective Service System. Not doing so is illegal.

“The Selective Service System is conducting business as usual. In the event that a national emergency necessitates a draft, Congress and the President would need to pass official legislation to authorize a draft,” the agency tweeted.

As long as there is a requirement to enlist with the Selective Service System there will always be a possibility of a draft if needed. Hope this helps :smiley:

7 Likes

I’m speechless… in which imaginary world do you all live where you think that killing innocents is a good thing?

4 Likes

While this is not an apparent cause for war, WW1 happened immediately after the assassination of the Archduke and his wife. While, it should’ve been a minor war between less than 3 countries, alliances were formed that dragged other nations like France, Britain, the U.S, Russia (etc.) into WWI that actually made it a WW. Although, I’m not sure what the alliance system is like today, a simple assassination that barely involves different nations could spark a world war. We clearly have not learned from our ancestors, plus technology will make future wars even more deadly.

3 Likes

It’s actually similar, which is why some people are afraid of a world war. Iran has a deal with Russia that says that if they get attacked, Russia can protect them. If Russia intervenes the NATO will be part of if too involving around 31 allies. That’s why they say that it’s likely to become a world war but in my humble, ignorant opinion, I think that people are exaggerating. Diplomacy will most probably be opted first, I’m sure that a lot of government will intervene to spread peace and this won’t escalate more

2 Likes

Um what? Literally no one said it’s a good thing

@Zey

1 Like

I saw it somewhere a couple hours ago and tried to remember what it said so excuse my wrong word choice and i immediately said after that the draft could happen if the us deems it as an emergency :kissing: :v:

1 Like

Oh sorry, I read incorrectly, a good thing for Americans which is just as… ugh.

1 Like

I didn’t say that. I don’t know what you’re talking about :face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I mean, World war 1 started out the exact same, with the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand…

but idk

2 Likes

Did someone say that?

1 Like

killing someone and “risking a war” isnt good for anybody…?

1 Like

Apparently. I didn’t see anyone say that. It’s almost as if she’s saying we all said it